The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
We are looking for a Director, G&A Systems that will be accountable for delivering IT projects & production support to our Finance, HR, Legal teams as well as manage all enterprise-wide systems like intranet, collaboration & storage tools etc. This role will report to the CIO & be a part of the IT leadership team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to lead, build & coach a team that will deliver on meaningful, large scale technology programs. The work of your team will make systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual work, & enable the company to run better & make better decisions. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter with the right mix of strategic & tactical experience that can roll up their sleeves & hit the ground running. Ideally, this candidate will have prior Workday Financials delivery experience in a SaaS/Cloud based company. Workday HCM experience is highly desirable as well.
What Youll Do
- This role is responsible for all IT applications in support of Finance (Workday Financials & Zuora), HR Workday HCM), Legal (CLM) & enterprise-wide systems such as storage, collaboration, intranet etc.
- Work with the CIO on IT strategic planning, budgeting & communication, including setting priorities & being accountable for planned commitments.
- Responsible for delivering on the Corporate systems portfolio working closely with the IT PMO & business stakeholders. Ensure that the roadmap is kept up to date & well understood by all parties.
- Refine & own the governance process for intake/prioritization of Corporate business systems requests & ensure your team is working on the right things with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Act as the IT business systems stakeholder on critical projects, ensuring project success by understanding the needs of the business, taking direction from leadership, identifying appropriate solutions, & determining how technology should be leveraged to meet requirements.
- Conduct architecture & design review sessions with a cross-functional IT team for large projects to ensure configuration, development, integrations & reporting are being built optimally with scalability & usability in mind.
- Drive the team to towards optimal & standardized documentation of business systems that are continually updated & available for reference.
- Develop & manage business relationships with software partners & service providers. Negotiate smartly & ensure we are getting the best value out of our investments.
- Work with the security & compliance team to make sure the systems that are being implemented are compliant & secure, adhering to processes/procedures in place.
- Champion & be a role model in building a team culture that puts the customer first, builds for the long term, collaborates effectively & is results-oriented with a growth mindset.
- Hire, develop, & lead an inclusive, empowered, engaged, & high performing team of business systems analysts & solution engineers.
What You Have
- Minimum 10+ years of proven experience as a credible leader of Business Systems Delivery with a focus on Finance & HR systems. At least 2 years at the Director level.
- Ideal candidate will have excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, organization & communication skills. He/she should have the ability to listen, influence, synthesize, lead & explain at all levels of the organization.
- Good understanding of Finance & HR business processes & IT solution design to be able to engage meaningfully with the business stakeholders.
- Passion for the intersection of business value, user experience & technology.
- Deep understanding of IT systems & infrastructure including SaaS products like Workday, Zuora, Netsuite and CLM.
- Experience presenting to execs & the larger organization on business systems activities.
- Experience as a change agent, delivering large-scale technology projects involving change, for example implementing Workday Financials or HCM, Rev Rec (606) implementation etc.
- Experience with SOX & the controls of a public company.
- Proven experience leading consolidation & rationalization of business systems & streamlining IT processes.
- High degree of integrity & transparency walk the talk.
- Genuine passion for people development.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.