The Shop Manager, Stores is responsible for managing a group of in-store Operations Specialist, Visual Merchandisers, & Facilities Team Members, while supporting our in- store Expert & Valuation team. Based in a retail location, the Shop Manager is responsible for growth of new & existing customer & consignor relationships. Responsible for driving the shop experience & all front of house experience, the Shop Manager builds business strategies with the front of house team & collaborates readily with relevant business partners. This role will also be responsible for recruiting top level front of house candidates & continuing their development to ensure we lead in industry knowledge & execution.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Build an environment that is highly focused on delivering a shopping & consignment experience that will motivate the client/consignor to return
- Collaborate with relevant business partners to ensure all business revenue goals are met - both supply & demand.
- Maximizes floor coverage & effectiveness to deliver strong metrics & results driven through team selling & selling to multiple customers.
- Switches gears based on the needs of the business both seamlessly & proactively
- Develop top-level weekly, monthly & quarterly strategies to drive in store business & consignor relationships.
- Develops strong working relationships with all store personnel, including all cross department management teams.
- Recruit, retain, coach & develop top talent level to foster an environment of growth.
- Drive a 360 degree store experience by ensuring that the team is introducing customers to all TRR services & delivering on experience expectations.
- Effectively drive omni-channel selling in the store location.
- Quality check Stylist service initiatives, including quality of in-store appointments, communication to clients, etc.
- Possess industry leading knowledge in topics such as: history of fashion, American fashion houses, EU fashion houses, fashion vocabulary, etc.
- Conduct regular trainings & meetings with the stores teams to drive both business initiatives & in-store learning.
- Recruit, retain, coach & develop top level
- Ensure effective onboarding & training of new hires, utilizing all company tools.
- Deliver regular feedback to partners in the field & headquarters.
- Collaborate with in-store peer leadership to align on strategies & work as one team.
- Possess a strong understanding of 4-wall product feedback & product needs.
- Track monthly results & trends for business forecasting
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years experience creating & delivering on key initiatives & goals.
- 5+ years experience working in the luxury space in a client facing role & a true love of fashion required
- Possess current knowledge of fashion trends & competition in the marketplace
- Team player able to work effectively & collaboratively across all departments to meet goals & deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3772