Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
We are looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about customer success to lead a team of CSMs serving our customers in the fast-growing cloud market. Ideally, you have 10+ years experience leading customer-facing organizations & are excited to grow your career in a fast-paced, customer centric environment using cutting edge communication technologies.
This teams focus is a hybrid of technical project management, as well as product & account support. Your job is to recruit, mentor & lead the team to consult existing customers, directly helping them optimize their existing Twilio use cases as well as onboard closed opportunities from the sales team.
We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
- A strong history of mentorship; youve left a legacy of successful & motivated teams.
- A servant-leader approach to management; you care about your team & their success both as a group & as individuals.
- Significant experience managing a pipeline of customer software projects, from on-boarding through account management / support.
- A strong background of combined post-sales & product enablement for customers.
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical & process-oriented mindset. You take a data-based approach to decision making & assessment.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Curious. Persistent. Creative. Fun to work with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are a Do-er first.
- Support your team in on-boarding & launch of new customers & use cases.
- Work closely with sales leadership to build strong processes & engagement frameworks that will ultimately provide a world class customer experience.
- Build & coach a world-class team of Customer Success Managers
- Attract & retain high-potential individual contributors to the team
- Foster a deep sense of ownership & collaboration within the team
- Encourage & exemplify continuous learning within team
- Conduct weekly 1:1s with CSMs to identify customer risks, ensure customers are being led down the prescribed journey, address coaching opportunities, etc
- Achieve operational excellence by continuous measurement & communication of metrics to the team.
- Standardize CSM customer engagement & measure its impact at each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of operations & cross functional collaboration with other internal stakeholders.
- Adapt & apply industry best practices.
Twilio is empowering the worlds developers & enterprise with the technology to build modern, enjoyable communication experiences in their applications. The Customer Success Team is a strategic component in building our customer base & helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers.
Integrating Twilios products into our customers applications can be complex; many different components that live both within & outside of Twilios technology will play a key role in the customers launch. Your team will play a critical role in taking our customers Twilio applications from idea to production in a scalable manner.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 50 West 17th Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, wifi enabled rooftop lounge, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco & other offices in Bogot, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore & Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.