Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an CAS Ops Support Engineer, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Responsible for the supporting of the Clearing & Settlement BASE II Mainframe system in a multi-data centre & multi-processing environment. You are also responsible for first & second level problem determination & recovery of the MVS/BASEII Applications, Operating System, services & client related issues.
You will also help facilitate problem situations with the appropriate management & specialist/TL, support groups & service partners as required & is responsible for tracking progress & final resolution implementation.
This position is part of a shift structured team, & will require 12-hour shift work & may include night shifts.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Running of the Day-to-Day CAS Operations by Supporting BASE II, Batch & MVS
- Driving resolution of incidents & escalation of Processing on Mainframe the Environment of the Visa's Core applications, operating system, & services with higher level of expertise & confidence
- Work closely with service partners such as VIP Operations & Client Support teams to ensure all CAS related services are operational & with no impact
- Work closely with CSS/CCM, VOCC, VCSCOV & Platform Support & associated regions when dealing with Client related issues
- Ongoing/Proactive analysis of CAS Systems & applications to detect potential problems. When necessary make preventive corrections & work with Engineering/Development groups to implement long-term corrective measures
- Help support CAS implementations, support TL/specialist in documenting daily Operations status calls.
- Provide immediate escalation to TL/Specialist & Senior on-duty management
- Help provide technical analysis & review in support of Operational efficiencies & enhancements
- Continual Service Improvement - support initiatives to enhance tools functionality working with Tools Support & Engineering groups & ensure participation from colleagues
- Ensure that all Incident, Changes, & Problem Tickets received in the shift are all accounted, updated & turned over if not completed within the shift
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable & Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
What we're after
- Knowledge of one or more of the following MVS OS/390, C:D, FTP, SFTP, SDSF, Solve (Netmaster), CA-ESP (scheduling package), COntrol-M, D-Series, TSO & TPX, JCL, Sysview, Tandem, C1 Endeavor, Data Express, Prognosis, Netcool Alerting Tool, REXX/CLIST, application support, & Remedy reporting tool
- Experience with large server (IBM mainframe) technologies & architectures in a complex, heterogeneous systems environment
- Any experience in REXX, OPS/MVS, Systems State Manager, Windows, Netcool (Alerting), Control-M or ESP scheduling & operations
- Experience in analysing processing environments with focus on identifying improvement opportunities & efficiencies to process, procedures, & Visa applications while working closely with support groups
- Experience in working with various technical teams, which include application support, development, & engineering teams
- Strong understanding in Incident, Problem & Change management
- Strong ability to handle pressure & difficult situation in a manner reflective of a Visa employee
- Perform Incident, Change & Problem Management according to documented guidelines
- Be able to respond / action escalation utilising our knowledge base in Incident tickets, websites, & documented process/procedures.
- Ensure all issues are tracked, resolved to maintain & make improvements to ensure no SLA's are missed or extended outages occurs
- Strong ability to apply efficient decision-making, problem-solving & technical skills.
- A degree level qualification in Information Technology or Information Systems or related discipline. Industry experience or a diploma level qualification in IT.
- Certification in ITIL V3 or Above, Six Sigma Green, Service Transition, Design & Operations.
- Any working / practical knowledge of the Windows & Tandem environments
- Any working knowledge of CICS, DB2, MQ Channel, & tape processing
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.