As a Packaging Engineer on Glossiers Commercialization team, you will lead execution of our stellar packaging components in support of our companys growing product portfolio, on going innovation & attention to manufacturing quality. You will work closely with component suppliers, 3rd party manufacturing & internal teams - Product Development, Sourcing & Quality - to ensure were bringing the best customer experiences to life. You must be detail-oriented with a focus on quality & process efficiency, & passionate about executing new & innovative packaging solutions.
- Manage projects to ensure launch timing, testing, product quality, & design integrity are on time & within agreed upon cost objectives.
- Creation, execution & evaluation of test plans based on packaging & formula considerations
- Publish manufacturing assembly instructions & lead line trial efforts to ensure line operators & management teams have clear understanding of production requirements
- Reporting of program risk assessment based on timing, cost & quality
- Coordination & testing of root cause failure analysis & corrective action.
- Manage projects across multiple internal & external teams, ensuring collaborative & optimized solutions.
- Set standards for assessing the quality of packaging materials
- Advance vendor base for both packaging components & finished good production processes with qualifications of new vendors.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in cosmetics or consumer goods manufacturing
- Knowledge of packaging component manufacturing & finished good filling processes
- Ability to predict, recognize & define problems, & generate, select & implement timely solutions
- Experience in sustainable packaging initiatives
- Detailed knowledge of primary, secondary & tertiary packaging types.
- Attention to detail & ability to manage multiple complex projects in tandem.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects prioritization & planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership & driving results
- Process improvement experience
- Six Sigma experience preferred
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.