Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Delivery Lead, Real Time Clearingwe want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Delivery Lead - Strategic Programmes, Market Delivery will lead to define & deliver strategic programmes for UK&I region for Visa. You will be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams for end-to-end definition, governance & execution of large complex programme that help deliver the Visa vision to our clients/partner & taking them through a change lifecycle to ensure the successful completion of this work.
What we expect of you, day to day...
- Programme & Project Management: Leads the identification, definition & development of Programme, its contributing projects, their project objectives, milestones, dependencies & success criteria in collaboration with the programme sponsor & other stakeholders
- Ensures creation & maintenance of RAID logs at programme & projects level. Risks are accounted for & that an appropriate risk management process is in place & followed appropriately by the project teams.
- Provides expert guidance throughout the project planning & execution phases, identifying & addressing issues as encountered within a broad area of expertise.
- Manages or contributes to the programme board, ensuring all stakeholders are kept up-to-date on the progress, potential risks & delays, budget concerns, resources etc.
- Briefs the programme sponsor prior to steering committee meetings & provides detailed & summary updates as required
- Anticipates issues & delays that may occur during the programme & puts contingency plans in place as appropriate
- Works with all stakeholders to understand key delivery dependencies & to ensure that projects are consistent with broader programme objectives & timelines.
- Adheres to mandated standards & governance
- Manages the relationship with both internal & external senior stakeholders, escalating only in the most complex situations
- Liaises with various functions across Visa within Region & global - UK&I Client Engagement, Client Services, MSA, Product, Risk, Legal, Marketing, Communications teams as required throughout the delivery cycle
- Acts as an escalation point for project resources & other stakeholders
- Support the functional leads to manage significant resource requirements & risk
- Communicates complex issues & influences others to adopt a different point of view in order to achieve the delivery objectives/success criteria
- Continually challenges & recommends improvements to delivery practises & processes
- Partner with our clients to manage any project challenges
What we're after
- Programme Management experience, certifications - Waterfall & Agile (e.g MSP, SAFe)
- Stakeholder management - experience of dealing & influencing Executive Leaders of senior level & matrix leading them on Programmes
- Leadership - Ability to create a vision & create buy-in from cross-functional teams
- Excellent knowledge of the payments ecosystem in the UK
- Market facing - Experience of managing Banks/Issuers and/or Retailer payments and/or Fintechs
- Curiosity to learn & deepen knowledge within the industry
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.