BuzzFeed is seeking experienced Manager, Brand Development to oversee a team of sellers & book of business within a region. The ideal candidate will have strong experience managing multiple salespeople, tracking & forecasting revenue, & developing talent. In addition to management experience, you should also have previous experience & proven track record of success selling digital media.
The Manager, Brand Development will be based in New York & report to our SVP, Brand Development.
- Be an exemplary representative of our leadership team & company culture
- Hit or exceed quarterly revenue goals
- Track & Forecast revenue for your team
- Train & ramp new hires
- Weekly reports of the health of your business to the SVP, Brand Development
- Weekly 1x1's with team members
- Regularly provide feedback on individuals performance ; actively participate in the Companys performance review cycles, making recommendations for recognition as appropriate; take disciplinary actions when necessary
- Support team members on sales calls & meetings
- Help navigate internal resources & exceptions
- 5+ years experience of proven digital sales experience
- At least 2 years direct sales management is required
- Extensive digital sales experience & some direct sales management experience
- Ability to manage several salespeople at all levels & help position them for success.
- Outstanding track record of success of regularly meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Proven track record of effectively managing salespeople
- Proven ability to organically grow accounts by creating great relationships, understanding customer needs & marshaling resources for success.
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills & an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client.
- An entrepreneurial spirit & innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at BuzzFeed.
- Ability to think on your feet & ideate on the spot as opportunities develop fast.
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers & other highly talented sales execs who are on a mission to grow this business.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.