Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
The Assistant Director of Operations Excellence supports the Director of Operations Excellence including the execution of strategic initiatives in the field, regular analysis of company performance across all platforms, identification & mitigation of operational issues, & spearhead various operational projects & meetings. The position also supports the property teams & the COO on developing innovative strategies & solutions resulting in operational synergies & efficiencies. This job requires 10% travel.
What You'll Do:
- Develop & manage company-wide operational initiatives
- Support the Director of Operations Excellence on current projects/initiatives
- Mitigate property-level issues & inefficiencies that are escalated to corporate level
- Strategize & lead actionable projects & initiatives, prioritized by growth impact & level of effort/resources
- Manage all aspects of a projects life cycle, from project initiation to project closure.
- Work closely with property-level managers & corporate based teams, & other stakeholders on a variety of tasks.
- Practice inspiring, creative leadership both at the corporate level & property level
- Conduct data analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure all procedures & workflows are followed accordingly
- Support all aspects of operations & strategy
- All other job duties as per manager
What We Look For:
- Degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration, or applicable/equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in operations & project management
- Strong business acumen with track records of scaling organizational excellence
- Strong data analysis skills
- Proven track record managing teams & executing projects from initiation to closure
- Strong executive presence & communication skills, with ability to engage, advise & inspire different teams & executives
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- High degree of intellectual curiosity & ability to absorb new concepts quickly
- Ability to identify & understand issues, problems, & opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
At Convene, were changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design & service the next generation office building one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated workplace-as-a-service platform gives building tenants & enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting & event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, & curated experiences for users, all connected by Convenes proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., & Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2019 & plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.
- Ability to walk/travel between properties
- Some Air/Train travel required
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overheard & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time