Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Seattle, WA; Ashburn, VA; Bellevue, WA; Austin, TX; Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Welcome to the National Society of Black Engineers National Conference in San Antonio, Texas!!!Visa is excited to announce that we will be in attendance at the 2020 & are looking forward to meeting & interviewing attendees there.In order to expedite the process, please review the following & apply for a position! Additionally, when applying, please take a moment to indicate which team & position you are most interested in.
***This opportunity is posted in relationship to the 2020 National NSBE Convention in San Antonio, TX from March 25-30, 2020.You must be in attendance at the convention to be considered for this position.***
Here are the intern roles we're hiring for within our Tech Organization:
- Software Engineers
- Software Test Engineers
- System Engineers
- Security Engineer
- QA Test Engineer
- Database Engineers
- Technical Product Managers
- Operations Technicians
- Data Scientists
- Research Scientists (PhD)
- Technical Writers
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- System Analysts
VISA Technology Teams
- At its core, Visa is a payments network that connects consumers & merchants with financial institutions. The team is building the long-term architecture on architecture on open platforms & commodity hardware, as well as opening our technology platforms to enable industry collaboration & innovation through co- development.
- Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions & is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets.
Merchant + Acquirer Processing
- Merchant & Acquirer Processing (MAP) is focused on executing the Visa Merchant Strategy, building deeper merchant & acquirer relationships & increasing Total Merchant Value by developing solutions that address complex & emerging merchant & acquirer needs.
Digital & Developer Platform
- Develop, deliver, & manage end-to-end technology products, services, capabilities, & solutions while collaborating with a global community of client, merchant, & partner developers to promote the growth of digital commerce & mobilization of payments in emerging & developed markets
Data Product Development
- Develops & manages end-to-end technology solutions that create value from our enterprise data through internal & client-focused information-based services, business intelligence & insights, & data-driven product innovation.
- We deliver secure, high-quality & easy-to-use Visa core data assets as a service, together with reliable & scalable data platform as a service, that enable Visa internal partners to rapidly & efficiently innovate data-driven business products & services to lead the digital payment industry.
- Cyber Security provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security & continuity programs, & continually evolves security & continuity capabilities to meet changing internal & external threat landscapes.
- Build, operate & maintain the IT systems & infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected & collaborative workforce that helps power Visa's business.
Technology Planning & Business Operations
- Provides a structured approach to synchronize, align & unite technology delivery capabilities with business management strategies for improved Technology + Operations organizational performance, execution & risk control.
Operations + Infrastructure
- For Visa to deliver on the vision ofthe best way to pay & be paid for everyone, everywhere, O&I must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, & run on software-defined infrastructures.
- VisaResearchconducts applied research on the most challenging problems in the payment industry & provides technical thought leadership for the company's future.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, PhD or equivalent & graduating in October 2020 or later
- No prior work experience is required.
Each team is seeking different skills & talents. Exposure to any of the following will help us to find a home for you at Visa:
- Interest in any of the following areas: cybersecurity, operations, software engineering, test engineering, systems engineering or product/project management.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programing & Distributed Systems
- Experience withiOS development, Android development, & web development
- Good understanding of systems & infrastructure including storage, networking, data center, physical servers, hypervisors, operating systems, database & middleware concepts
- Mainframe technology interest
- Highly driven & resourceful
- You should possess the Visa Leadership skills including:leading by example, being decisive, enabling & inspiring others, collaborating & openly communicating
- Strong research experiences & publication record in machine learning and/or data mining, advanced cryptography, systems security, blockchain & quantum computing.
Work HoursThis position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel RequirementsThis position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical RequirementsThis position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO StatementVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.