What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who are we looking for?
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
As a Senior Data Engineer at TpT you will be working with other members of the Data Engineering team, other Platform & Product Engineering teams, & business teams including Analytics, Product, Marketing, & Finance, to ensure that people & systems have access to clean, reliable, understandable, curated data. Youll help to build & improve our Data Warehouse, pipelines, & related infrastructure, using your ability to think systematically, abstractly, & empathetically. In this role you willhelp push the Data Engineering team forward, advocating for best practices & helping to mentor more junior team members.
In this role, you will:
- Design & implement the technical roadmap to handle our high growth demands
- Architect & develop robust, large-scale data storage systems
- Design, build & launch efficient & reliable data pipelines
- Design & develop analysis tools to enable folks to consume & understand data faster
- Partner closely with our data science team to build new data models at scale
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Strong grasp of advanced SQL, including windowing functions, nested queries, regular expressions, & a solid understanding of how relational databases & cloud data warehouses work.
- Experience with backend web development practices & tools, including CI/CD, SQL databases, APIs, git/GitHub, etc.
- Experience with building, scaling, & monitoring resilient systems.
- Experience with data warehouse design & development, including dimensional modeling & ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peers across business & engineering teams.
- Comfortable with mentoring teammates, communicating, & teaching your learnings.
- At least four years of experience as a software engineer, at least one of which was on a Data Engineering team
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to speak clearly to technical & nontechnical audiences & to write clearly
- Experience with Ed-Tech or ecommerce marketplaces.
- Experience as a Business/Data Analyst or related role.
- Experience with the primary tools we use: BigQuery, dbt, Looker, Airflow, Kubernetes, AWS, Python.
- Relevant education, such as a degree or substantial coursework in a field such as Computer Science.
- Open source contributor or active in your professional community.
- Parental leave for both mothers & fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mothers Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.