We are looking for senior full-stack engineers who are passionate about building successful products to join our growing team.
As a senior full-stack software engineer on the e-commerce Logistics & Order Experience team, you will work on multiple platforms responsible for supporting a simple & intuitive interface for Members to manage their own Order Experience. You will also integrate our platforms with different fulfillment providers to provide delivery scheduling capabilities & order status updates to our members.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Have a strong technical voice in team discussions & decisions.
- Assume technical responsibility for new services & functionality, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, & work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Contribute to the adoption of software architecture & new technologies.
- Lead, coach, pair with, & mentor backend software engineers.
- Actively maintain & build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, & trust.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability & scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming, whiteboarding solutions, team discussions to work as a team rather than working in isolation.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, to promote simplicity, & working software.
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, & monitoring to ensure confidence in our release process
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, & design docs to help promote a culture of learning & constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, & call out potential trade-offs.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our product managers & stakeholders.
- Partner with our SRE & infrastructure teams to scale & monitor our services.
- You have at least eight years of software development experience.
- You have at least two demonstrable experiences in leading full-stack deployments of systems into production.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, & always willing to learn new things.
- You have a love for clean, elegant code.
- You have an understanding of agile, lean, & DevOps principles.
- You have an understanding of testing & CI/CD.
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented & functional programming design principles.
- Experience with distributed systems, CI/CD (ex: Jenkins) tools, & containerizing applications (ex: Kubernetes).
- Experience with multiple database engines (Postgres, MySql).
- Familiar with at least one backend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, or similar.
- Familiar with observability.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, & can adapt to change.
- You have an expert understanding of industry best practices & standards.
- You have excellent communication & teamwork skills.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch & learns, & geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce & third-party payment gateways.
- Attend meetups, conferences, & participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have tried Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with or knowledge of DDD, CQRS, & Event Sourcing.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, & business stakeholders to understand the problem space better.
- You worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization & localization.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.