As Director of Strategic Accounts (DSA) ITSM SLED for the Salesforce overlay team you will have the unique opportunity to be part of a transformational partnership between Salesforce & Tanium focused on driving adoption of the new IT Service Center solution (a combination of IT Service Management (ITSM) & IT Operations Management (ITOM)) within the State & local Gov't & Education space. This role will be instrumental in the development & execution of sales strategies, go-to-market activities, & ultimately targeted penetration into the $13B ITSM/ITOM market. As a DSA, you will work as part of a cross functional team, collaborating with Salesforce, as well as Tanium engineering, product management, sales, marketing, channels & alliances, Technical Solutions Engineers (TSE), and, most importantly, customers. The goal of the team will be to ensure alignment of our overall product vision, enable & excite core sales teams in both organizations, create demand/pipeline for IT Service Center, help drive opportunities to closure, & uncover new upsell opportunities for the Tanium field.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with GTM Enablement leaders to create & deliver a full catalog of high-value training to Salesforce & Tanium SLED sellers
- Work closely with Salesforce sales & marketing to generate pipeline & qualify prospects for the ITSM/ITOM solution
- Drive discussions with initial customers/prospects to define/capture differentiated product value to meet core unmet needs by current ITSM solutions
- Experience developing partners that have existing contract vehicles to become implementation partners in this space.
- Partner with Technical Solutions Engineers (TSEs) in conducting initial product demonstrations & presentations that are tailored to the prospect & focused on their business drivers
- Steer sales motions & enablement to increase Tanium value/sales beyond ITSM packages
- Leverage joint account planning collateral, opportunity tracking across both organizations including pipeline management, as well as reporting & tracking of new & existing opportunities
- Achieve regional financial targets
- Monitor how the ITSM/ITOM solution is resonating with customers & report on strengths & key areas for improvement in product, messaging, sales strategy, etc.
- Develop champions, highlight wins, & drive momentum for the ITSM/ITOM solution in your region
- Collaborate with Global Alliance team leaders (across SFDC & Tanium) to design & execute partner enablement programs
- Be & remain an expert in your field
We're looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of Enterprise SLED sales experience including focus on Service Management and/or Operations Management
- Cross functional team participation & collaboration to enable & excite core sales teams
- Strong skills in identifying business opportunities, defining & delivering on sales strategies & initiatives & driving outcome based transformations
- Proven success in achieving but more importantly exceeding sales goals/targets
- Intuition to identify greenfield markets that align with Taniums platform & present opportunities for rapid growth
- Willingness to take on firmly-entrenched competitors with creative approaches to selling, & tenacious pursuit to build & grow a products customer base
- Ability to establish & nurture strong customer champions both at the tactical & executive level
- Strong written communication, verbal communication & presentation skills
- Do-what-it-takes approach; willingness to get your hands dirty
- Entrepreneurial spirit who is never satisfied w/ 2nd place
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high-growth work environment
- Desire & drive to take initiative to create new & creative strategies
- Align with the Tanium values: we win as a team, we do the right thing, & we are unstoppable
Tanium offers a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Many of the worlds largest & most sophisticated organizations, including more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently & effectively, & remain resilient against disruptions. Tanium recently ranked 4th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies In Cloud Computing For 2018 & 55th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces. Visit us at www.tanium.com or follow us on Twitter at @Tanium.