Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behavior is looking for programmers to develop gamefeatures. The programmer will work in a dynamic environment, with other programmers as well as game & level designers on prototyping, design, implementation & improvement of many aspects of the game.
- Code gameplay features in C#/C++ in combination with multiple scripting languages (LUA, AS3, etc.)
- Diagnose & resolve problems to improve the visual aspects of the game & its gameplay
- Integrate new game components (special effects, animations, sounds, etc.) & refine the interaction between these components to achieve interesting gameplay
- Develop & improve various game modules (artificial intelligence, graphics, sound, network, tools, etc.)
- Collaborate with the game designers & artists to determine various production constraints & devise the best solutions for each challenge
- Help adapt existing & new designs to new platforms including console, VR, desktop, & mobile
- Review code written by other team members
- Optimize game code when needed
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field;
Strong skills in C # & / or C ++;
Experience with Unity, or an equivalent game engine;
Good algorithmic knowledge;
Interest in emerging technologies: AR, VR, Machine Learning
Experience in programming multiplayer online games is a plus.