Dots is an award-winning independent mobile game studio based in New York City. We create thoughtfully designed games with an emphasis on aesthetics. With over 75 million downloads & more projects on the horizon, our diverse & talented team is expanding.
We are looking for an exceptional mid level visual designer to join our creative team. Are you a User Interface designer with an obsession for precision, & a desire to work on the most beautiful mobile games in the world? Are you as comfortable in the Creative Cloud, as you are in Sketch, Figma, & Unity? Are you the best designer you know, but not a jerk about it? Are you always hunting for cool designs & animations, & want to collaborate with people who share your passion? If so, we should chat.
- Create beautiful & engaging visual assets for new & existing games, including gameplay mechanics, game boards & game iconography
- Develop compelling visual identities from the ground up for new game prototypes
- Define thoughtful, clear, intuitive UI systems for games
- Collaborate with game designers to develop the structure & pacing of new game experiences
- Collaborate with game engineers to design, animate & bring to life satisfying game mechanics & interactions
- Bring fresh ideas & inspiration to a diverse team of creative personalities
- BA / BFA in Design or Animation, or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years experience in product design or user interface design
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud, & Sketch or Figma. Prototyping software knowledge (Principle, Framer, etc.) is a plus; generally tech savvy
- Highly creative, with exquisite taste, & a discerning eye for nuances & subtlety
- Excellent communication skills able to grasp concepts, follow directions, organize information, & turn vague thoughts into legible visuals
- Solution-oriented, team-spirited, quick learner, ambitious but not narcissistic
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Eager to integrate constructive feedback in pursuit of design excellence
- In addition to UI design, at least one of the following skills:
- Animation characters, kinetic type, particles, parallax, storyboards, etc.
- Illustration (game board pieces, characters, backgrounds, custom type)
- Game design