SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RECEIVING SPECIALIST (STARLINK) - 2ND SHIFT
- Acknowledge & take receipt of all incoming materials & packages, identify receipt in ERP system, & sort for transportation to identified location
- Take direction from receiving lead and/or supervisor
- Receive all materials/packages & transact receipt in the ERP system
- Create/print routing labels & other required identifiers for the receipt of material/packages
- File & maintain records of incoming paperwork
- Responsible for system integrity in regards to all receipts
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice & procedures
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers & quantity as required
- Interface with carriers, internal customers, purchasing & other related departments to resolve problems relative to receipt & distribution of material.
- Perform good housekeeping chores in area
- Evaluate hazardous receipts, inform requestor, & organize delivery to an appropriate location for hazardous materials
- Review stagnant inventory reports to ensure location accuracy
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of receiving, precision, mechanical or electronics inspection experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years in a receiving, inventory or materials management role
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, or commercial aircraft environment
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings & specifications
- Experience with GD&T & use of metrology tools & gauges
- Good communication skills & the ability to articulate aerospace hardware & systems problems to technical professionals to initiate resolutions
- Experience with the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective & preventative processes
- Experience operating a forklift or other material handling motorized vehicles & equipment
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft suite
- Working hours are approximately 3:30 PM 12:00 AM, with some flexibility of shift start/end times
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs., lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, & carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be willing to work overtime & weekends as needed
- Must be willing to work in an open-aired environment, lacking temperature controls
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 75% of shift time
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.