About the role:
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for facilitating corporate-level decision-making at Betterment, guiding company-wide financial planning, & scaling new & existing financial processes. They maintain the companys operating model, provide forward-looking analysis across the org to support business outcomes, & analyze capital allocation decisions. This role will report into the Head of Finance & join a tight-knit team that is an integral part of the organization. This group is a trusted advisor to business leaders to plan & project for the future but nimble when it comes to the conditions changing.
Day in the life:
- Manage the companys long-term financial model, including forecasting, budgeting, resource allocation, & long-range planning.
- Collaborate with business units to manage budgets, headcount reporting, & various special projects.
- Support those partners through data-driven insights to help make decisions & navigate challenges.
- Developing KPIs to track team- & company-level performance, & identifying opportunities for growth or increased efficiency.
- Build, maintain, & improve financial reporting to measure & track results against expectations.
- Communicate results & trends to management with appropriate recommendations for action when results drift from the forecast.
- Assist in preparing materials with the Head of Finance, including board decks, investors materials, & other executive updates.
- Partnering with Accounting to identify & execute on key milestones as the company matures.
What were looking for:
- 4-7 years of industry experience with budgeting / planning, financial modeling, & decision analytics (e.g. FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity)
- Driven self-starter that enjoys rolling up your sleeves & building complex financial models in Excel or other planning applications.
- Familiarity with a quickly changing environment & ability to adapt on the fly.
- A knack for taking raw data, analyzing, drawing conclusions, & developing actionable recommendations.
- Ability to wear multiple hats -- act as a financial model guru, internal consultant, & business strategist.
- Strengths in working across disciplines to present & instantly build rapport with stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting / mathematics preferred
- Experience in working with Netsuite, SQL, or Looker a plus.
What sets us apart:
- Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells & BetterDev.
- Join a Community:
- Were not just your standard office but strive to make it a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) in & out of the office for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers across multiple offices (and remote folks) through various interest groups, sports clubs, meetups & social events.
- Stay Happy & Healthy:
- We offer a competitive suite of medical, dental, & vision benefits alongside gym reimbursements, yoga, & flexible parental leave.
- Enjoy team meals, stocked kitchens with snacks & all the seltzer & cold brew you could ever want.
- Vacation & personal days off are unlimited & paid. Work hard, travel, or relax when you like, & return refreshed.
- Enjoy our 401(k) service, provided by Betterment for Business, complimentary for our employees.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.