WHO WE ARE
Account Strategy is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
Account Strategy is responsible for the management & post-sale execution of all campaign types, including media, programmatic, branded content, editorial sponsorships, & audio. They are the campaign execution COOs & guardians of our work, ensuring that the interests of client & Vox Media team are met throughout production, & that all outputs are on time & of the highest quality & performance. Account Strategists (oftentimes in collaboration with Creative Services & Project Management) are the main POC to internal & external stakeholders including the client, agency, sales, product, design, & editorial, with a focus of cultivating strong, lasting relationships with our brand partners.
WHAT YOULL DO
Duties & Responsibilities of an Account Strategist
- Manage a high volume book of business, comprising of both larger, complex & smaller, fast-paced campaigns.
- Effectively & successfully manage multiple high priority campaigns at the same time.
- Act as the main point of contact on campaigns, for both internal & external stakeholders, creating & fostering a communication forum for all stakeholders.
- Lead conversations with legal regarding terms & usage rights for all campaigns
- Manage day to day operations of all campaign components, removing blockers, enforcing scope, & ensuring smooth & timely launch of all elements across all campaigns
- Lead client communications, acting as an extension of the client team & forming strong relationships & trust
- Ensure full delivery, optimize campaigns to hit or exceed all KPIs, & monitor revenue risk in collaboration with the AdOps team.
- Present strong performance stories & proactively approach clients with incremental opportunities & upselling
- Assist Revenue Accountants with billing actualization
- Manage 1-2 Account Strategists & act as player/coach
WHO YOU ARE
Qualifications of a Account Strategist
- 3+ years experience executing high volume, and/or integrated digital advertising campaigns
- Agency and/or publisher experience preferred
- Strong understanding of client KPIs, & ability to strategically align Vox Media's products with core KPIs in order to achieve success
- Proven track record of effective client communication: Can effectively communicate performance, concerns/issues, handle any requests that come in.
- Craft thoughtful responses to clients' requests, & remain calm under pressure
- Familiar with project management systems & process workflows
- Fundamental knowledge of Google Ad Manager (GAM) & Doubleclick Campaign Manager (DCM) is preferred
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, empathy, compassion, & a sense of humor
- Strategic thinker with a can-do, solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task & thrive while juggling many projects at once
- Public speaking skills & ability to lead a room
- Responsive, adaptive, flexible, proactive
- Passionate about Vox Medias editorial brands
- Accountable for their work & their teams
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! Weve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, & sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOULL WORK
This job is remote and/or flex. Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Please include your application/cover letter.
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.