Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Digital & Developer Product Development (DDP) develops, delivers, & manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce & mobilization of payments in emerging & developed markets. The Consumer Product Development (CDP) organization within DDP is responsible for the focused on consumer-driven products & solutions enabling new payment experiences that enhance security, simplify digital commerce for consumers, & eliminate complex authentication & integration processes for merchants & issuers. The Installments team is building a network agnostic installment solution, while the Digital Issuance team is creating simplified APIs for non-banking Fintech partners.
The CDP Project Management Office (PMO) works hand-in-hand with Product & Technology leads to efficiently plan, execute, & deliver on its product roadmap, including driving greater alignment between the product roadmap & development using Agile practices. The PMO is the focal point to structure new programs & projects & to lead process improvement initiatives both within CDP & across the Visa Technology organization.
CDP is looking for a Program Manager to drive key project initiatives in CDP. The right candidate will have demonstrated solid leadership in leading & managing development teams & delivering successful outcomes. This candidate is expected partner with key Business & Technical Leaders to define, prioritize & drive project portfolios to successful & impactful delivery. The will help evolve workflow processes & policies to fit the ever-changing needs & capabilities of our growing company.
This role will provide:
- Agile Project Management support to development teams with emphasis on managing a lightweight & flexible front door to support release/sprint planning, & change management.
- Support Product office to help structure product ideation to develop a program/project roadmap.
- Program Management to coordinate project & product teams for programs impacting multiple products & projects in CDP.
- Ensure all projects & programs track financials, comply with Program & Project methodologies, & provide accurate/timely reporting & issue escalation.
- Support continuous process improvement initiatives across CDP.
- Highly experienced in developing, operating & tailoring Waterfall & Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Drive sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, & other scrum ceremonies
- Agile release planning
- Develop metrics & reports using Rally to help the team understand its health & progress & to set goals
- Technical acumen to capture, communicate & drive issues/blockers/risks to resolution
- Managing effective Agile Ceremonies & tracking change controls
- Key management skills:
- Strong Communication: Clear & concise verbal & written skills
- Meeting facilitation
- Team leadership, coaching, & conflict resolution
- MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio (Required)
- Manage teams in a matrixed geographically disperse environment
- Strong Coordination to interface with other technology & business teams to ensure projects adhere to Security, Sourcing, Networking, Intellectual Property & other Visa processes.
- Ability to collaborate with business & technology subject matter experts in product ideation to help refine requirements/scope & create a viable program/project including accurate & inclusive estimates, integrated plans, & securing funding approvals.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- MBA or other related advanced degree (Preferred)
- Certifications (at least one Preferred): PMP, CSM
- Experience: Professionally mature delivery technical project/release manager with hands-on continuous experience for at least the past 7 years, working with software engineers (development, test, & operations), operations, security, & business personnel.
- 8-10 years progressively more responsible experience in directly relevant Project & Program roles in an agile environment.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.