Communication has changed for people. Its changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycleacross acquisition, engagement, & support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide. Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, & so much more.
What's the opportunity?
Our subscription management systems & data are at the heart of how we package, price, sell & manage all of the products & services that we build. When they work well, they accelerate the efficiency of our Go To Market teams, enable faster growth of our business & deliver a great customer experience. This role has the opportunity to directly influence the trajectory of Intercoms overall business growth & to positively impact the productivity of our Sales, Finance & Growth teams.
As a Senior Product Manager for the Billing & Subscription Management team, reporting directly to the VP of Business Systems, you will own the strategy around how we grow & evolve our subscription management systems & data.
You will partner with our Sales & Growth teams to define the systems features & capabilities that will drive the next generation of revenue growth.
You will partner with our Finance & Legal teams to define the systems features & capabilities that will enable us to achieve IPO readiness & SOX compliance.
You will partner with a highly engaged, inclusive & fast-moving engineering team to quickly, efficiently & sustainably ship all of this work to a high-quality standard - & have fun doing it. These are once in a lifetime opportunities for this type of impact at Intercom.
What will I be doing?
- Youll manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand & prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Youll deeply know the problems that youre tackling through research & regular interaction with internal stakeholders & customers; define & frame those problems for the team
- Youll collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Youll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Youll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative & qualitative measures, both in betas & after full release.
- Youll own & maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- Youll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need?
- Multiple years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful products.
- Ideally, you have experience working with Go To Market teams or have experience working with backend teams.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team
- You can clearly communicate product decisions & the rationale behind them. Youre comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive. You are excellent at stakeholder management.
- Youre entrepreneurial; you dont need direction; you're self-driven.
- Youre organised, not ad hoc.
- Youre able to easily switch between thinking creatively & analytically.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If theres something important to you thats not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary & equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods & a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health & dental insurance for you & your dependents
- Open vacation policy & flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but were happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people & we want to continue to attract & retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive & diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race