TheFork is looking for an Engineering Manager
- Supply domain, is one of the 4 product & engineering domains which compose TheFork. The others domains are Demand, Payment & Platform.
- Supply domain's main responsibility is to ensure TheFork acquires & retains restaurants from all around the world (22 countries) by solving their key problems & helping them generating more activity.
Why should you join us?
TheFork, a TripAdvisor Company, is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia & Latin America, with a network of more than 80k restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits & present in 22+ countries around the globe. TheFork connects restaurants & diners.
TheFork Product & Engineering organization is on a journey to get closer to a product driven organisation, where we are discussing about the problem to solve, & empower the teams on designing the solutions with the stakeholders.
Having engineers only developing a solution is using half of their potential, but their best skill is problem solving! Let's change that, & let's go to the next level.
We are looking for an engineering manager who will be motivated to contribute to this transformation, & will want to have great impact on our customers, our employees & our business.
Join the 3 other engineering managers of Supply domain (2 in Paris, 1 in Nantes) currently composed of ~20 engineers, with the ambition to significantly grow the team in the next years, & help the organization to reach the next level:
- impact the culture & the organization with your personal experiences at TheFork
- develop the potential of your directs by helping them to be more empowered - autonomous
- identify what slows down the teams/organization & act on it to make your team succeed
- help your team to go fullstack & understand the business constraints
- initiate & contribute to the TheFork tech branding (organize meetup, medium, ...)
- co-construct with product team the vision & roadmap of Supply
- embrace shape up methodology & lead the project management of your team
- raise your voice & provide relevant & useful feedback to help the organization to evolve
- take care of your team, find opportunities, help on their career path, recruit, onboard, compensate
- advocate influence to build the appropriate team to reach companys goals
- contribute to our engineering manager community (engineering culture, meetups, best practices...)
- ensure relationship & follow up on projects deliveries with stakeholders
- encourage the direct feedback to challenge everyone, & help everyone grow in the full organisation
- try, fail & learn fast from your mistakes or succeed
Join a dynamic & agile team in a quickly changing & international environment to be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees & works hard to allow each person reach their full potential.
What technologies are we using?
- React for front-end
- NodeJS Symfony for back-end building a horizontally scalable microservice-based architecture to serve customers in 22 countries.
- Domain events are propagated through RabbitMQ as an event bus
- Our websites & servers are monitored with Prometheus, Grafana, ELK for 24x7 operations & ease of troubleshooting
- We are in the process of migrating to Kubernetes AWS for orchestration & hosting
- You have a solid technical background in web technologies
- You are rigorous, dynamic & curious, equipped with an agile mindset & a strong team spirit that allow you to adapt to a changing environment
- You are able to challenge product & stakeholders decisions
- You have experience building software with a problem-solving approach leveraging customers inputs in an iterative manner ("Product Discovery")
- You have already coached & mentored 5+ people teams including senior software engineers
- You are data-driven
- You have experience with architectural patterns of large-scale applications
- You are comfortable writing & speaking in both English & French.
- Having a previous experience with CRM & ERP softwares would be great
TheFork & TripAdvisor Core Values
- Speed wins
- We never stop learning
- Act as an owner
- We are better together
- We love our customers
- We believe in transparency
TheFork gives you the opportunity to test our gift card product at the restaurant if you pass the first screen of our recruiters! Ready to test it? Apply now & receive a 25 gift card!*
* In addition to the processing of your personal data for recruitment purpose, TheFork will process your email address for the purpose of supplying a TheFork gift card. In accordance with applicable law, you have the right to refuse such processing by indicating it to the Talent Acquisition team. Gift cards are available now in France, Spain & Italy.