We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Financial Analyst
This role will be an integral part of the Viator Financial Planning & Analysis team & will be responsible for forecasting & reporting on Viators rapidly growing headcount & fixed & discretionary expenses. Responsibilities include developing accurate forecasts, reporting on business metrics, & driving strategic business decisions. This role requires an independent, proactive & organized candidate who will adapt well in a dynamic environment.
- Manage forecasting of fixed & discretionary costs & their underlying drivers
- Prepare timely & accurate forecasting & reporting materials, as well as analysis of KPI & financial trends
- Build strong business partner relationships with key business leaders
- Prepare business cases in support of new investments & initiatives
- Develop deep understanding of the Viator business, its key drivers & performance indicators
- Work closely with analytics & systems teams to automate data preparation & reporting, from conceptualization to spec-writing & implementation
- Construct detailed financial models using Hyperion Essbase, Excel, & various business intelligence tools, & be able to communicate outcomes & recommendations effectively
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure revenue & expenses are properly recorded & work with business partners to understand significant variances between forecast & actual results
- Develop & apply an advanced technical understanding of Hyperion Systems
- As an essential part of the Viator FP&A team you will be expected to be flexible & assist with Adhoc analyses
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field a plus
- 4+ years of experience in financial planning, budgeting or forecasting, or in a related finance function
- Strong relationship building experience with ability to guide & influence executives
- Thorough knowledge of Excel & its data & analysis tools
- Hyperion Planning & Hyperion Essbase skills a plus
- Strong qualitative & quantitative skills, with a demonstrated passion for using data to derive insights & support decision making
- Extremely organized with the ability to contribute to multiple projects within tight time lines
- A team player, able to step in & help out other members of the team when needed
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances & understand the root cause
- An individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, changing environment & adapt to change while focusing on key goals & objectives
- Strong presentation skills
In addition the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths & weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Identifies & analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant & irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions & always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business