Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Consumer Trust, Risk Platform. This role will work closely with our Risk Platform Engineering team, & we seek a TPM who is passionate about requirements elaboration, translating between business-product & technical teams & Agile-Scrum processes, enabling an engineering team & working closely with Product Management to drive forward Engineering execution via translating product requirements into technical requirements & ensuring teams are aligned. The Risk Platform Engineering team builds trust by building products, services & tools that detect & prevent fraud & abuse as well as implementing appropriate profile & use case vetting of new customers & stopping bad actors. We require a fast-thinking team-player able to wrangle complexity across both multiple teams & systems. This role will run the sprint planning, backlog grooming & retrospectives for our Fraud Services Engineering team, Bangalore, & will ensure that Product defined epics are ready-to-work for our engineering partners. This role will contribute to Agile Scrum processes, Scrummaster for the team, & ensure that prioritized epics are groomed & ready to be worked by our engineering teams. It is a lynchpin Program role & will serve as the interface between Product & Engineering.
Twilio is looking for a TPM who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading technical projects & has worked in close partnership with Engineering. They also have:
- Background in SaaS Development or operations in a distributed systems environment
- Excellent Problem Solving & Communication skills (to technical & non-technical audiences)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, especially for cross-team & projects with a high degree of complexity
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with Product Managers & Analyst team members to ensure work is decomposed & ready for uptake by Engineering
- Ability to effectively communicate across many levels of the organization from engineers to business leaders
- Ability to create logical views of project sequence & dependency to orchestrate work across multiple teams & track global view of program risks/ issues/ dependencies
- Skilled in delivering verbal & written communications to customers that demonstrate an ability to accurately convey information that is technically complex with non-technical audiences as-required
- 5-7 years experience in a technical development or operations role including 8+ years working closely with Engineering teams
- Four-year Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
As a Technical Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES:
- Close partnership with Product teammates to properly understand BPMs & Epic-level objectives & decompose/ groom them into workable stories & tickets for the Engineering team
- Ability to drive resolution processes for urgent customer-impacting issues, including leading development of RFO (Reason For Outage) & related customer communications. On call support for critical incidents.
- Passionate about building products, can work directly with internal & external stakeholders to give shape to the products getting developed under consumer trust
WRITE IT DOWN:
- Translate Product Manager-led epics into workable stories, spikes & tasks for the team to make epics ready to work
- Document program/ project plans for complex cross-team initiatives & work with multiple teams both inside & outside of Consumer Trust to drive results on-schedule
DRAW THE OWL:
- Collaborate with, run sprint planning & scrum related activities for our Bangalore Engineering teams
- Contribute to the definition, development & tracking of effective metrics & R&D improvements that drive improved BU operating performance against SLAs/SLOs
- Consolidate technical operating metrics & represent Engineering teams at Product & the corporate level monthly metrics review
- Drive quality in the products we build & ensure that we consider measuring SLO/ SLI/ metric based views of quality early in the development cycle
- Prioritize & define ROI of engineering/ operability improvements in a way that is compelling & understandable to Product
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally & every month, billions of voice & video calls are made & billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy & security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform & were able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilios customers remain compliant & have the most engaged & relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy & help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a Bangalore, India local position with occasional travel expected both domestically & internationally. At our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.