Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the Team:
The PMO team is responsible for defining, implementing, & maintaining the standards for program & project management within Product & Engineering at Foursquare. Sample programs include Privacy (CCPA, GDPR), AWS Cost Management, & Software Development Process Improvement.
About the Role:
The Program Manager brings knowledge of software development (apps, APIs, platforms), providing a layer of structure & efficiency through the standardization of our tools. As the intersection of product & engineering, the program managers collaborate with business partners & engineering teams to improve our products, services, & processes.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage deployment, build standards, & provide training where needed for internal tools to better manage OKRs, roadmaps, & backlogs
- Develop, implement, drive, & train company on new processes & process optimization
- Manage high-impact/ high-visibility projects or programs across multiple business units to successful outcomes on time & within budget
- Communicate program status & risk to relevant stakeholders, team, & partners, including up the management chain, escalating when appropriate on trade-off decisions.
- Translate goals & objectives into iterative deliverables for implementation
- Champion agile to teams unfamiliar with its practices, such as backlog grooming & facilitating sprint ceremonies
- Balance competing factors (risk mitigation & issue resolution, dependency management, highest-ROI, etc.) to effectively maximize impact to customers
- 4 of years experience in a similar role or similar working experience
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certified
- Familiarity with Agile forms, with a preference for Kanban
- Experience in helping teams evolve their Agile practices
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science, or related field, or 8 years relevant work experience
- Ability to understand software engineering fundamentals. Exposure to large-scale systems.
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences, & connecting business context & customer impact to engineering tasks
- Enjoys bringing creative thinking & ideas for improvement as a member of the PMO & as a member of software delivery teams
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Strong written & oral skills
- Experience collaborating with external customers & senior leadership
Nice to have:
- Experience in location data platforms, or targeting & segmentation services.
- Agile coaching experience
- Enterprise software development (experience as a developer, SDET, architect, etc. a plus)
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Knowledge of JIRA preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.