Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Solutions Architect, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence & expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We've made it our priority to create a top-tier Security Architecture team, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We're looking for those of you who are inherently driven & fascinated by the art & science of cyber defence. We'll equip you with the very best tools & tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As Senior Solutions Architect, you'll be enthused by working on a wide-range of enterprise & customer-facing Identity & Access Management projects, as well as the chance to work with top notch professionals to learn with & from.
What we expect of you, day to day.
The Senior Solutions Architect will work as a member of the Global Cybersecurity organization - Security Architecture team, which is focused on improving technology & architecture decision-making through collaboration with management, staff & customers on technology strategy, enterprise architecture, & investments in strategic security technology.
The individual, with a broad cybersecurity plus systems & network architecture knowledge & experience, will provide overall direction, lifecycle management & leadership for security architecture & technology. The individual will perform a lead role in various critical initiatives through the identification, analysis, evaluation, lifecycle management & adoption of security architectures & technologies. The Senior Solutions Architect will work closely with other security functions & will provide guidance to ensure that there is coordination with their activities in technology choices. In addition, the Senior Solutions Architect will be involved with education & mentorship, supporting the delivery framework, development of technical architecture documentation, & advanced topics research.
- Leading & contributing to the security posture of Visa's networks & systems, data centre infrastructures, cloud architectures & solutions
- Developing, contributing & management of Security Architecture Specifications, Security Architecture Analysis, Threat-Modelling, Security Requirements, Security Standards & Design Patterns, Reference Architectures, Security Strategies & Roadmaps
- Applying security design principles to develop security solutions architectures
- Providing strategic points of view for security solutions & security industry events
- Developing and/or carrying out the strategic direction of security projects to enable execution of the information security strategy
- Developing security solutions to enable execution of the long-term security architecture
- Driving security technologies evaluations & proof-of-concepts
- Building strong cross-organizational relationships & effectively influencing staff across the IT organization & product groups
- Managing the lifecycle of security technologies
- Working closely with the other technology architects to ensure that security is properly embedded in their technology domains architectures
- Evaluating & assessing risk as part of lifecycle management
- Staying current with security technologies & making recommendations for use based on business value
- Advising leadership on Cybersecurity issues, systems, processes, products, & services.
- Maintaining oversight of the design & implementation of IT systems to ensure appropriate & effective security controls are included.
- Serving as a Cybersecurity expert to contribute to the definition of overall IT architecture.
What we're after
- Significant Cybersecurity, Architecture & Design experience in Networks, Data Centre Systems, & Cloud Infrastructure & Platforms (IaaS security, PaaS security)
- Strong experience in threat-modelling of complex systems
- Experience in delivering comprehensive architecture specifications for complex security solutions
- Experience with creating technical documentation: product documentation, technology & systems/network architecture, & technical whitepapers.
- Strong working experience with the following security technologies: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions
- Experience with open source based security technologies
- Strong knowledge & working experience with SDN (Software-Defined Networking), NFV (Network Function Virtualization), & network virtualization/overlays
- Strong hands on cloud architecture, with knowledge & working experience in: OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Server Virtualization hypervisors (KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, VSphere), Linux Containers technologies (Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes), & distributed computing
- Strong expertise & experience with Linux & Linux security
- Programming/coding & DevOps experience is a plus (Python, Ansible, Chef)
- Solid understanding of & ability to speak authoritatively to security principles in areas such as network, systems, virtualization, cloud technologies, access control.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot & resolve complex technical issues at Expert level.
- Experience integrating multiple vendor products
- Preferred certifications include: CISSP, OpenStack Certification, TOGAF, SABSA
- Hands-on experience & strong understanding of technology & enterprise security
- Solid understanding of compliance, regulatory & legal requirements relevant to the payments processing industry such as PCI, SOX, & GLBA.
- Strong understanding of relevant Industry Principles, Best Practices, & Standards, such as NIST, ISO, IEEE, & TCG
- Strong cross-domain & cross-functional knowledge that will enable design of the best possible security technology solutions.
- Has solid understanding of the SSDLC process & follows the process to effectively develop & design solutions.
- Ability to function as an individual contributor & mentor/leader detached from the corporate environment.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.