KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Senior Mechanical Detailer
This Sr Mechanical Detailer will develop high Level of Development (LOD400/500) documents & installation sets primarily for the mechanical/HVAC scope of Katerra building platforms. These platforms are standardized buildings that can be constructed in many locations with minimal project customization needed. At Katerra our buildings in incorporate leading edge infrastructure technology & developed to facilitate high degrees of manufacturing (i.e. prefabrication), constructability, & cost efficiency. The perfect candidate will also have strong communication skills & most importantly be driven to challenge typical approaches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Sr. Mechanical Detailer will be a member of Katerras Building Platform Engineering team focused on MEPF (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection). His/her responsibility will include, but is not limited to:
- Develop LOD400/500 computer models for mechanical/HVAC/ducting building infrastructure.
- Support/lead development of prefabrication shop drawings for mechanical assemblies.
- Coordinate with other engineers, field tradesmen, & manufacturing on part selection.
- Coordinate with other modelers, detailers, etc. for clash correction of MEPF systems.
- Facilitate generation of construction bills of materials & working instructions.
- Support optimization of VDC/detailing processes to improve detailing execution.
- Support the ideation & development of prefab assemblies that accelerate field installation.
- Potentially, periodically support typical US building projects in a detailing capacity.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience in mechanical detailing at a US contractor
- 3+ years of experience as installer, manufacturer, or distributor of mechanical or plumbing construction systems or system components.
- 2+ years of experience as a detailer or installer on commercial buildings, residential or mixed-used buildings.
- Proven part/catalog knowledge associated with major mechanical equipment suppliers.
- Advanced knowledge & active experience in all the following tools: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Revit, & Bluebeam
- General knowledge of the International Mechanical Code & Uniform Mechanical Code
- Proven experience performing detailing or installation in 2+ USA States.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2+ year of experience performing cost-estimates/takeoffs pre or post engineering for mechanical construction projects.
- Experience performing detailing for Plumbing systems.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.