Were looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is eager to demonstrate leadership & technical acumen, who writes quality code & enjoys offering guidance, mentorship & direction to their teams.
Index Exchange is an innovative & fast-growing Canadian success story with engineering at the core of everything we do. The software you will touch runs on 5,000+ servers spread across 9 data centres around the globe, handling 60 billion complex transactions per day, 24/7/365.
Heres What We Want
- Leaders: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring & guiding junior members of the team, as well as leveraging your own knowledge & experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions & find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably & presenting your viewpoints
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, & testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI & CD DevOps tooling culture
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks & languages is exciting to you youre not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages & tools to solve problems & we're interested in what you're looking to learn. Were always open to new ideas thats how we got where we are today, & we need more!
Heres What Youll be Doing
- Youll be working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- Youll have very cool projects to work on & fascinating problems to solve
- Some of the projects youll be working on include real-time ad bidding for connected TV & optimized real-time bidding in the mobile space
- You will see your code in action every day & you definitely wont be bored in this role
- Designing, writing, & testing robust & reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain & identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing & estimating work in an agile environment
Heres What You Have
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Expertise in algorithms, performance optimization, design patterns & memory optimization
- You are talented, fast learner & embrace change
- A desire to work with & learn from the people around you we greatly value people & interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, & an understanding that compromise, negotiation & practicality are important qualities
- Experience designing, writing & testing high quality clean back-end server-side code in a large & scalable deployment environment
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient & scalable platforms is an asset
- Knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- Golang, C++, Perl, Python & Scala
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Aerospike
Were looking for the right combination of personality & ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you & have fun doing it.
Heres Why Youll Love Working Here
- Our offices speak to who we are: wide-open spaces where we can freely collaborate
- We offer free snacks, drinks, & catered lunches on Fridays
- We have flexible hours & no dress code
- Annual celebrations (BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- An amazing benefits package, RRSP matching, & we subsidize your gym membership if you want one so you only pay $5 monthly
- Career mentoring & skills training
- The ability to work on high performing software that processes enormous data volumes
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership & contribute from day one, as our business & industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting & developing every employee. We arent perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn & improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate & learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).