BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Senior Writer to join the branded Creative team in New York. You will take a leadership role in helping develop BuzzFeed content for advertising partners. Do you have agency or copywriting experience? Are you experienced in creating content for social media? Have you been making branded content & want to bring your expertise to BuzzFeed? This may be the position for you! We're looking for someone who loves creating exciting branded work.
- Create exciting & shareable BuzzFeed content this could be BuzzFeed lists, quizzes, polls, shopping articles, social assets, & copy for display ads
- Independently lead creative direction across multiple content formats with minimal guidance
- Manage pitches or programs where more junior writers are assisting
- Contribute to Creative meetings & brainstorm sessions
- Pitch ideas, both internally & directly to clients
- Work with our Sales & Account Management teams to ensure the brand's needs are met
- Manage multiple projects at a time & work with several different teams across the business organization
- Report to the Senior Manager, Branded Content
- 5+ years of experience writing & producing content online
- Some level of branded content, advertising, or agency experience
- Experience communicating with or presenting directly to clients
- Experience writing & producing a lot of content across many topics, from food to fashion to finance & beyond
- Experience creatively solving challenging client requests to meet their needs
- Project management or mentoring experience
- Experience writing for multicultural audiences is a huge plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.