Convene Data Team is looking for an outstanding Data Engineer to build reliable data pipelines to clean, aggregate, & transform large volumes of data from multiple sources. We are creating some of the most beautiful real-world meetings (physical, virtual or Hybrid), & flexible workplaces to inspire & foster collaboration & engagement.
The Data Engineer will work closely with other members in the Data Team including BI, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Data Technology, & Data Governance to Product, Engineering, Commercial teams incl. Revenue, Marketing, eCommerce, Sales, Finance, Operations, Real Estate, & Convenes esteemed customers.
A successful candidate possesses strong problem-solving & analytical skills, is comfortable recommending solutions & technological improvements, is genuine, works with the highest of integrity, & relentlessly pursues success.
Note: This role can be remote or in person, however the candidate must reside in the US & be able to work without sponsorship.
- Build reliable data pipelines to clean, aggregate, & transform large volumes of data from multiple sources
- Develop versatile software components to extract useful information from various unstructured or semi-structured data sets
- Work closely with data scientists & data analysts to develop, test & iterate data models & algorithms
- Lead problems assessment of Convenes Commercial opportunities to lead the development & design of technology solutions across functions (Revenue, Sales, Marketing, eCommerce, Finance, Real Estate) involving computer hardware & software
- Improve our Data Engineering stack through containerization, data modeling, developing our ETL pipelines, & more
- Lead technology project evaluations as well as proposal feasibility with the different functions
- Apply theoretical expertise & innovation to create or apply new technologies to apply to the entire digital landscape
- Build new technologies & algorithms to optimize any business process
- Develop data set processes & projects requirements
- Use large data sets to resolve major business & functional issues while improving data reliability, efficiency & quality
- Optimize processes implementing new technology & automation across Convenes functions & customers
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- 2+ years of solid experience designing enterprise level ETL processes
- 2+ years of solid experience with schema design & dimensional data modeling incl. Star Schema
- Experience with multiple data technologies & concepts such as Airflow, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, NoSQL, Kubernetes, Data Vault, & Columnar databases
- Ability in managing & communicating data warehouse (Redshift) plans to internal clients
- Experience designing, building & maintaining data processing systems
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system on any size/scale
- Experience with specific AWS technologies (such as Redshift, Glue, S3, EMR, & Kinesis) a plus
- Experience writing production code for Python or JVM-based systems, but you know a few other languages & like the right tool for the job
- Knowledge of machine-learning tools & techniques
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, & extensibility
- Proven self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on Agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology
- Experience conducting code reviews & mentoring team members in an Agile process
- Familiarity with building out a microservice architecture using NodeJS & cloud services like AWS, Azure is a plus
- You are engineering obsessed & devoted to getting it right & getting it done
- You are in love with change & enjoy being in a high-growth environment that is rapidly scaling
- You are comfortable with ambiguity & can carve out a path to a solution, using your skill & intuition to make quick & confident decisions in this high-growth context
- You are a person who always finds ways to help others on the team to learn, develop, & continually improve
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, & read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.
To all recruitment agencies: Convene does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or any Convene employees. Convene is not liable to pay fees for any unsolicited resumes received.