About the Role:
As the Director of Brand Strategy & Innovation, you will be a part of the core team responsible for building a new disruptor brand & reshaping the narrative for a new haircare brand built for todays woman.
We have started to lay the groundwork for what this brand is & where it can go. Now were looking for someone who is excited to build the vision with us. We are looking for a seasoned & innovative marketer with a passion for building a brand that aspires to move the haircare industry forward, by speaking in a real way to todays woman. This person will help shape key priorities for our brand - developing business plans, forming growth strategies, performing category analysis, executing projects, & mobilizing our organization to meet those objectives.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Strategic Vision: establish & recalibrate the strategic vision for the brands omnichannel future based on insights, market trends, competitive activity & whitespace growth opportunities.
- Develop long-term brand strategy & lead annual brand planning process, recommending & defining strategies & priorities to help achieve brand goals
- Develop resonant, relevant & meaningful briefs that can excite & energize cross functional teams to help drive commercial initiatives & 360 campaigns across DTC, Retail & Brand channels
- Brand Planning: approach key challenges & opportunities for our business with commercial solutions across a variety of levers to drive the business forward: Proposition (point of difference vs. competitors), Packaging, Pricing, Product (innovation), Place (channels, planograms, etc.), & Promotion (secondary displays, other incentive tactics)
- Input into forecasting of existing products with sales channels & operations to ensure accurate forecasting methodology, sales targets & key forecasting dates are met
- Manage SKU assortment (evergreen SKUs, gift sets, holiday, sampling etc) & discontinuation plans.
- Insights & Competitive Analysis: perform & distribute ongoing analyses of our business & competitive performance to inform commercial go to market strategies, monthly forecasting inputs & P&L reviews, & longer term innovation roadmap.
- Utilize data to identify & build strategy to inform brand initiatives across all levers for business growth, set goals & clear KPIs
- Understand the external environment (competitive & market) & identify new sources of opportunity & threats by being the internal expert on the womens haircare category & our target consumer to help inform commercial & marketing strategies & execution plans
- Lead our three year innovation pipeline roadmap
- Conceptually develop relevant & meaningful product propositions
- Partner with R&D, Comms & Creative, DTC & Retail teams to successfully bring innovation projects to life & to inform launch strategies & pricing strategies across channels.
Who Were Looking For:
- You have 7+ years of work experience in analytical, commercially-minded, highly cross-functional roles (DTC & Retail experience preferred)
- Hands-on & little scrappy - able to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment working on a small developing team
- You have an ability to plan & think strategically at a high level, but also develop tactical recommendations & execute on them
- Youre comfortable with ambiguity & are a self-starter who can be nimble on your feet
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset & believe in testing, learning, taking risks & failing fast
- At your core you are a problem solver, who is able to distill complex business problems into component parts & develop clear, actionable solutions
- You are a strong project manager & able to rally & mobilize cross-functional teams to march toward a common goal you have helped define
- You are highly analytical, & have experience performing robust business analysis & telling a story with data
- You have a passion for consumers & insights & want to better understand & influence how we can better meet consumer needs
- You are eager to learn new skills & help contribute to establishing the brand function & team culture within the Harrys US organization
- Familiarity with womens personal care business, product, channel and/or paid media landscape a plus
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.