At Okta, were always innovating across the entire identity landscape, & our customers are always asking to do more with us. As the pace of change in the cloud continues at a rapid pace, the ability to move fast is a competitive advantage. To fund this continuous innovation, Okta has created an incubation program, building & nurturing new products & businesses internally. These projects are given the freedom to build independently like a startup, with the backing support of the Okta organization the best of both worlds.
The inaugural incubation project, still in stealth mode, is focused on making cloud infrastructure security simple & accessible for everyone who interfaces with it. With such a grand vision, were looking to assemble an amazing team of strategic go-getters with a relentless focus on execution. The Principal Cloud Architect will both provide technical subject matter expertise to the product team & act as a community advocate, helping shape the product direction & drive awareness across the industry. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground level for a highly visible & expansive career opportunity, with an incredible support system in the Okta organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic plans for innovative cloud security services, specifically multi-cloud Identity & Access Management (IAM) solutions
- Engage with our audience of prospective customers to understand their ongoing roles & responsibilities, identifying key areas of impact.
- Support the product team with subject matter expertise that contributes to building & delivering a differentiated, meaningful product to the market
- Evangelize cloud security best practices with our audience through blog posts, presentations, & interviews.
- Develop & work with open source tools & frameworks related to multi-cloud IAM
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 8+ years of overall operations or software development experience, including solution design & technical architecture
- 4+ years hands-on experience managing & operating resources across multiple Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers
- In-depth expertise of the Identity & Access Management (IAM) specifications across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP, & Microsoft Azure
- Experience in leading discovery workshops to derive customer requirements, specifications, business processes.
- Experience in developing functional specifications & system design specifications for customer engagements.
- Proficiency with various open source software & development tools
- Proficiency in one or more of Python, Ruby, Java, Go, or Rust
- Exhibits confidence & a deep understanding of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Effectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Manages customer expectations effectively.
- AWS certifications, Associate or above, are a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.