Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We're looking for an experienced, results-driven Product Marketing expert to work closely with Product, Engineering & Operations to develop & grow Compass suite of real estate tools!
The successful candidate must have experience in product strategy & a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate within product teams to drive results. In this role, you will be expected to identify key market requirements/ opportunities through voice of customer analysis, manage the development of product strategy docs, manage & facilitate product betas, & collaborate closely with growth marketing teams to create GTM plans to drive adoption. This leader must thrive as a part of a cross-functional team, exhibit excellent analytical & communication skills, & have a strong bias for action.
If you are passionate about solving business problems & thrive in a fast-paced environment, we'd be thrilled to meet you. This is a full-time position based that will report directly into a Director of Product Management.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead inbound product marketing efforts & develop product GTM strategy across your product area.
- Lead the beta process in partnership with the PM & User Research team to drive a rigorous testing of our products with the customers & feed that back into the product development process.
- Partner with Product Management to lead market assessment, identify customer blockers across markets to understand & unlock product & growth opportunities
- Partner with Operations leaders to assess the business opportunities & identify ways that our products can provide efficiency & bandwidth for our Regional teams around the country.
- Oversee industry research for positioning & messaging around the product, including deep quantitative, qualitative & competitive analysis.
- Represent the requirements of our market/customers through quantitative & qualitative analysis internally with Product Management & Engineering
- Demonstrate thought-leadership & an understanding of the broader Compass ecosystem to develop product direction & positioning
- Partner with Growth Product Marketing to create messaging & communication strategy, including sales-enablement materials, customer resources, press releases, etc.
What We Look For:
- 4-6 years experience in a similar role, preferably at a B2B or B2B2C Saas company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic levels - to define customer problems / marketing / positioning of our products - & also at very tactical levels, such as launching a product to our internal teams or to customers in close collaboration with multiple business functions.
- Extremely high-level of planning, project management, & creating go-to-market plans that translate into measurable adoption results.
- Outstanding communication skills - written & verbal - with the ability to tailor messaging strategy for different audiences.
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people & communication skills, including strong writing abilities & proven experience communicating key value messages to a variety of audiences both internal & external to Compass.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, & work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Strong proficiency in sourcing & analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing campaign decisions as well as a high comfort level in operating with & making decisions with partial information
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.