Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are implementing an ERP that will transform our business processes, & we are seeking a Director, Production to join our Supply Chain & Operations team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate is an experienced production leader with a love for building processes & solving problems. Experience working with ERP systems is a must as we work on implementing our own. You will report to the Senior Director, Product Development & Production based in our New York City office. This is a key leadership role on our team as we re-engineer & transform how we manage & execute production with our factory partners.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What Youll Do
During the first 12-18 months of your role, you will have the opportunity to design & develop the future of Production at Away. You will work on a team transforming all of our core inventory, ordering, fulfillment, & financial processes on our Global ERP implementation. As the senior Production leader in the company, your thought leadership will be critical on the ERP program, building the foundation that supports all of our future business processes. Upon the successful implementation & go-live of our new processes & ERP tools, you will focus on leading the production team & building tight collaboration with your business partners in Merchandising, Finance, eCommerce, & Retail. You will be responsible for training your team on the new processes & tools, & developing a talented group of future Production leaders, allowing you to focus on more strategic priorities as the business grows.
A summary of your responsibilities includes:
- Ensuring the design of the processes supported by the ERP solution will satisfy the business process vision & future-state goals of the Supply Chain & Operations departments & Away, including (but not limited to) entity org structure, master data, vendor pricing / contracts, procurement (purchase req / purchase order), costing & BOM, inventory costing & management, go to market & critical processes, & vendor / partner integration
- Be the expert in the room when it comes to representing Production in key system & business process decisions
- Drive key ERP program deliverables related to Production, including requirements definition, process design, solution design, test planning & execution, data readiness, cutover planning & execution, & post go-live support
- Own the testing of new processes that are manual or supported by the ERP tool through test scripts for happy path & edge case business processes. Lead solution testing & user acceptance testing for the production team & ensure your team is pulled into testing activities & that they pull manufacturing partners into testing activities as required.
- Champion change management within your team by assessing org impact, proactively communicating updates & changes, delivering training & ensuring training materials enable continuous education, & driving process & system adoption within your department
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other business leads & SMEs to achieve the best system & business process solution for Awa
- Most importantly, help move the team from reactive to proactive & move from tactical to strategic!
Who You Are:
- Minimum 8 years of progressive Production & supply planning experience
- Experience in a public company is a plus.
- Experience working with an integrated ERP system, having participated in an ERP implementation is a plus.
- Understanding of master data set up & business processes including vendor management, inventory costing & management, costing & sourcing, etc.
- Strategic thinker with an understanding of the cross-functional & supply chain / operational impact of business processes
- Proven ability to influence team members & act as a change agent
- ERP experience
- Experience in Vertical Retail Industry preferred
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away
more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on & has since expanded to offer an array of luggage & travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London & Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies & has been recognized on TIMEs list of Best Inventions. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com