The Category Marketing team owns the go-to-market strategy for categories & seasonal moments on Jet. Partnering with the Retail team, we build & execute innovative marketing plans based on our deep understanding of our customers needs & shopping missions by category. Were charged driving customer acquisition, retention, & profitability.
As the Associate Director of Grocery Marketing, you will be responsible for developing & executing the Grocery marketing vision & strategy on Jet. In this highly cross-functional role, you will work closely with the Merchandising, Product, Ops, & Finance teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience & achieve business targets. You will also work within the larger marketing organization as you develop a marketing plan, drive the creative process, & help track & optimize performance. Ultimately, your vison & work will help to increase awareness, adoption & retention for the Grocery category.
Youre an experienced marketer with a deep interest in retail (specifically ecomm) & knowledge of the food space. You love to take risks & enjoy working collaboratively to create & execute on a vision. You have a deep understanding of various marketing levers & how to use them to drive growth & profitability. You have a creative eye, can write a killer creative brief & know a winning ad campaign when you see it. You are incredibly data-savvy & can turn your analysis into tangible insights & strategies (and then implement them). You are never satisfied with the status quo & are constantly looking to learn, grow, & innovate. You love to figure things out on your own. Youre a flexible team player. You have great business sense & know when to trust your gut. You are customer & food obsessed.
- Partner cross-functionally to build a world class online grocery shopping experience through on-site/in-app experiences & marketing communications.
- Grow the grocery category with a focus on driving awareness, acquisition & retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, retention & partnerships teams to meet business objectives.
- Drive the creative process to deliver breakthrough campaigns & assets that bring the Jet brand & the category to life.
- Help build & maintain the category marketing plan, delivering on forecast & budget.
- Analyze data from various sources to inform key decisions.
- Present strategy, executions & analytics to broader team & senior leadership.
- Maintain a deep understanding of consumer habits in grocery (online & offline).
- Ideate & share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your category across the company.
- 8-10 years relevant experience in marketing.
- eCommerce and/or grocery (food) experience strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership & people skills, comfort in working across teams & levels.
- Deep understanding of all stages of the marketing funnel.
- Working knowledge of media channels to engage customers & transform brand & customer experience.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand & analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions & measure impact to the business.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing & learning messaging & creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects & priorities.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.