Deliveroo is hiring a new Local Public Affairs Manager, UK & Ireland to join Deliveroos growing global communications & policy team. This is a new role which will report to the Head of Public Affairs - UK & Ireland.
The ideal candidate will be a great communicator with a strong track record of engagement on a hyper local level with Councillors, Local Authorities & MPs.
Its an exciting time to join the Deliveroo team & this role will play a vital & leading role in helping Deliveroo build its reputation as a publicly listed company.
What youll be doing
The successful candidate will be Deliveroos point person for engagement with local authorities. This will primarily include engagement around Deliveroo Editions, our delivery-only kitchens that are an important & rapidly expanding part of the business. There will be additional engagement responsibilities around other local issues including environmental policy, health & safety & resident relations.
- Support the Editions team in assessing potential sites for future expansions.
- Engage with local Councillors, Officials & other stakeholders to build support for Editions sites & articulate their benefits.
- Support work to communicate the benefits of Editions to national decision makers, including MPs & Government Officials.
- Work with communities groups, local residents & other stakeholders to utilize each sites unique Community budget in ways that support local projects.
- Work with the Corporate Communications Team to identify high profile media activity that showcases our Editions sites.
- Work with our legal team, & external consultants on issues surrounding planning applications & local authority processes.
- Work with local authorities on other issues as appropriate.
- Experience of working in Public Affairs, Parliamentary or Local Authority roles, with a strong track record of delivering on-the-ground activities.
- In-depth understanding of the political landscape in the UK & Ireland, in particular local & regional Government.
- Exceptional ability to deal with & manage a wide-range of stakeholders, from senior politicians to local residents.
- Experience working with NGOs & community organisations to deliver projects that maximise political & media benefit.
- Strong ability to condense complex policy issues into easy to understand material for both written & oral communications.
- Understanding of the planning system would be highly advantageous
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient & accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when & where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy & ownership, & we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth & relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.