About Vivvi: Vivvi provides child care & early learning for todays families. We partner with employers of all sizes to make exceptional full-time & backup care more accessible & affordable. With beautiful campuses, flexible offerings, & trained, passionate teachers, we provide parents with peace of mind while offering employers the most powerful tool for recruitment, retention, & productivity.
About the role: As the Director of People Operations, you will help Vivvi become THE best place for educators to pursue their careers. You will impact the lives of hundreds of educators (and therefore thousands of children & families) by building the HR infrastructure & organizational culture to support our valued educators & broader team.
Youll join a small but mighty People function as the fourth member & will be a trusted partner for Heads of School, General Managers of programs, & other central office team members. If youre a heart-led HR professional with outstanding foundational skills in compensation, benefits, & compliance, a passion for education & equity, & the determination to help build a game-changing organization, this could be the role for you!
As the Director of People Operations, you will
- Act as an active & visible HR Partner to provide input, strong influence, & counsel on HR-related matters to successfully build culture & mitigate risk
- Prioritize diversity, equity, & inclusion company-wide across the employee lifecycle through goal setting & best-practice implementation
- Create & implement key HR initiatives related to employee experience & engagement
- Develop & monitor key performance indicators across the HR function
- Own & build upon total rewards programs including compensation frameworks & health, retirement, tuition, & other benefits
- In partnership with the People Operations Associate, own the execution of employee onboarding & offboarding, payroll approval & adjustments, & day-to-day employee HR needs
- Spearhead process of transitioning from PEO to HRIS in the next 12 months
- Own employee data & reporting in partnership with People Operations Associate
- In partnership with the Vice President of People. audit & implement all HR policies & practices across existing & new programs including federal, state, & local compliance & leave administration
- Serve as primary point of contact for matters of employee relations
- Support performance management & professional development initiatives
You will be set up for success in the Director of People Operations role if you have
- 7+ years of experience in an HR capacity ideally focused on the development of impactful HR policies, procedures, & processes
- 3+ years of experience managing and/or mentoring more junior members of HR staff
- Expertise in matters of payroll, benefits, compensation, & compliance
- Experience working with PEOs & HRIS platforms; experience transitioning from PEO to HRIS preferred
- Proven ability to develop & leverage key performance indicators to define success & promote continuous improvement
- Commitment to the mission & values of Vivvi
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong influence & conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in NYC office 2-3 days per week (strongly preferred)
- Candidates must possess independent US work authorization.
Perks of joining Vivvi as the Director of People Operations include
- Competitive pay, including stock options
- Investment in your growth & skill development as a member of the growing Central Office team
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.)
- Flexible paid time off
- Free child care
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
One of Vivvis values is to treat each other with honor for the whole person (not just the roles we fulfill). This means we acknowledge each others rich experience, cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, & skills to reach the best outcomes. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org & include your resume. We look forward to receiving & reviewing your application!