Peloton is seeking an Apparel Product Developer to join our team in New York, NY.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the development lifecycle of fabric, trims & apparel with domestic & overseas vendor partners. The Product Development Specialist will work in tandem with the Director of Development & Production, Merchandising, Technical Design, Design, Planning & Logistics for calendar planning, development projects, sample fabric positioning, communicating cross functional timelines & vendor management. The successful candidate will possess a strategic mindset, excellent organizational & collaborative skills to work cross functionally within the apparel organization, a strong understanding of quality, testing, & proven vendor management skills.
- Drive the product development life cycle for apparel with domestic & overseas factories for fabric, trims & apparel samples
- Effectively communicate with manufacturers & mills for development timelines, sample placement, delivery dates & product expectations
- Create organizational tracking to monitor development status & maintain development WIP reports for weekly tracking of deliverables to meet calendar deadlines
- Collaborate closely with cross functional partners in merchandising, design, production & technical design & facilitate communication to the vendors on product details & development requirements
- Partner in PLM implementation & support needed data inputs for product & component development.
- Partner with factories for quality standards & consistency of product meeting Peloton standards
- Communicate & monitor testing & compliance requirements for development, gather & review fabric detail sheets & trim detail sheets for all components
- Partner in developing the seasonal calendar & lead weekly production meetings to
- report & communicate on deadlines development & production
- Establish a strong partnership with technical design to communicate sample & comment deadlines, partner in product quality collectively
- Source trim suppliers, fabric mills & stay up to date on market trends in fiber/fabric technology, sustainability & manufacturing processes
- 7+ years of experience in apparel development, active market preferred
- A go getter with a positive, no task too big or too small attitude
- Knowledge & experience of working with overseas & domestic factories
- Strong understanding of fabrics, garment construction & garment testing
- Efficient, organized, detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, driven by teamwork & collaborative innovation.
- Experience with fashion-related ERP systems (PDM, PLM)
- Strong proficiency in Excel & G Suite
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.