Project Florence is an unannounced, customer-facing product in the digital health space.
We are a nimble, cross-functional team operating independently within the innovation arm of Walmart. Were building technology that has the potential to impact millions of lives. Our team, based in Brooklyn, is scrappy & entrepreneurial with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer.
We are looking for self-motivated people, who are eager to work in a fast-paced environment. As the Lead Android Engineer on the Project Florence team, you will own the customer facing mobile experience & be expected to make a lot of technical decisions. You will work closely with other engineers, a product manager, & a designer to iterate quickly.
- 4+ years of experience developing, releasing, & maintaining Android applications
- Ability to translate designs into organized, performant user interfaces
- High level of competence with Java or Kotlin & the Android development lifecycle
- Experience working with REST APIs, push notifications, background services
- Competence with testing frameworks, CI/CD, mobile analytics, security
- Preferred: Bluetooth, Dagger or Koin, Room, Jetpack, RxJava, Retrofit, etc
- Helpful: BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYCs Greenpoint neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit & snacks