About the Team
Harrys vision is to build a next generation CPG company, investing in, building, & owning a portfolio of omnichannel modern brands across multiple categories, similar to how weve done with the Harry's brand. The company plans to leverage its platform & capabilities, & partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to launch a number of disruptive brands in new categories in the coming years. We have teams located in NYC, London & Eisfeld (Germany). We are looking to find an exceptional leader for our crew & this is where you come in.
About the Role
As our VP of Finance youll have a lot going on. Next to managing a global team of ambitious, smart & driven people, youll be responsible for all financial plans including budgets, quarterly re-forecasts & our long term strategic plan. You will also manage our commercial finance function supporting our GMs & their teams by making sure we achieve our financial goals. In addition, you will manage our debt facilities & monitor compliance as well as forecast our cash needs. Together with your team, you will be charged with participating in fundraising activities, assessing M&A opportunities & preparing materials for briefing our Board of Directors. Lastly, you will play a critical role in inventor communications.
What you will accomplish:
- Together with the CFO & CAO, you serve as a key member of the finance team in developing & implementing business plans & evaluating various initiatives, including new products, brands as well as geographies & allocating capital across them.
- Work with the senior leaders to solve strategic & financial challenges with a data-driven approach.
- Manage the finance team to set priorities, assign accountability, & assess performance.
- Promote a culture of high performance & continuous improvement that values learning & a high commitment to quality.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepare the annual operating budget & drive quarterly re-forecasts.
- Lead long-term planning process across the organization & own the financial forecast.
- Partner with GMs by overseeing the Commercial Finance function & support building profitable businesses including new product innovation & strategic initiatives, as well as capital investments.
- Provide frequent financial information & KPIs that allow our leadership team to reach & stay on track with our financial goals & metrics.
- Manage financial analysis to drive decision making for our leaders across diverse initiatives.
- Assist with M&A assessment & execution.
- Maintain & drive the roadmap for our planning systems.
- Ensure we have the right funding (both debt & equity) in all geographies & businesses & are properly capitalized at all times. Lead new financings.
- Manage our investments.
- Maintain compliance with our various debt agreements globally & manage our global banking relationships.
- Own our equity capitalization table & provide accurate reporting of our equity ownership.
- Work closely with the People team on equity grants & on our annual 409A valuation.
- Oversee our global risk management & insurance programs.
- Maintain & drive the roadmap for our treasury systems.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Company & own financial & investor communication.
- Respond to shareholder requests with relevant & accurate information.
This should describe you:
- A Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited four-year college; MBA would be preferred.
- You have worked at a public company & can bring your experience to Harrys.
- Excellent Leadership Skills: You own your responsibilities. You possess the qualities that inspire confidence & trust. You have the ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Strong Business Acumen & Analytical Skills: Your financial acumen & significant analytical & budgeting skills are like no other; you are proficient in cash flow forecasting, preparing budgets & thoughtfully allocating capital.
- Treasury Management: You are experienced in managing a treasury function in a corporate environment.
- Comfort Level with Information Technology: You always use technology to improve access to information needed to run the business; you utilize systems to improve processes.
- An Innovative, Strategic & Operational Mindset: You are interested in & involved with operational issues & how they affect the Finance function; you not only participate in developing strategies to support a growth plan but you also bring rational, objective judgment to bear on tough issues & decisions to drive execution.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills - you know how to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
- Roll-Up-The-Sleeves Style: You enjoy an entrepreneurial atmosphere that requires you to pitch in to get the job done & to be comfortable in an environment with lean staffing.
- Solid Interpersonal Skills: Your culture sensitivity skills enable you to get along with people at all levels of the organization. You celebrate your teams success & you empathize with them during hard times. You foster a sense of belonging & empowerment by incorporating professional learning opportunities & by hosting social team events where bonding, fun & creativity are a priority.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Chief Financial Officer
- Managing the global FP&A & Treasury teams
- Substantial exposure to the executive team at Harrys
- Working closely with cross-functional partners across the organization
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.