Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
We are looking for an experienced attorney to join the growing commercial legal team supporting the Latin America region. You will partner with the regional sales team to manage the full life-cycle negotiation of complex enterprise sales deals.
You are a talented & creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts. This job is for you if you enjoy a fast-paced environment & love giving high-fives (virtual ones) when a deal closes. You have supported large enterprise sales organizations before & enjoy understanding the business drivers behind a particular deal. You must have a zealous attention to detail, excellent judgment & writing skills, & be customer support focused when dealing with internal clients & external customers.
- J.D. with strong academic credentials & demonstrated record of success as a lawyer & member of local State Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- 8+ years of commercial transactions experience with at least 5 years of negotiating complex technology transactions (e.g., XAAS) for the Latin America region
- Fluent in written & spoken Portuguese
- Experience supporting a large sales organization selling to an enterprise customer base (e.g., F500, G2000)
- Ability to structure, draft & negotiate a high volume & broad range of commercial contracts, including Master Services Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc.
- Must be able to take complex legal concepts & explain them in a way that allows a non-lawyer to understand the issue & the associated risk
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal, including the ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative & open-minded approach
- Ability to triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate expectations with internal clients & delivering results efficiently
- Experience with Salesforce, DocuSign & JIRA is a plus
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interest for learning new things, & desire to get things done
As Senior Commercial Counsel, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of the drafting, review, negotiation, & management of a wide range of legal agreements. Advise Twilios internal clients on contract interpretation & negotiation. Champion Twilios mission, ethics & integrity by ensuring Twilios compliance policies are in practice & protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws & regulations, & are in line with Twilios values.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Seek to understand the context of the positions of Twilios customers & the requests from Twilios internal clients. Strive to solve problems & address issues from their perspectives.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the development of policies & procedures, & standard template language to be used in contracts. Create processes & procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly evaluate which matters & issues are most worthy or in need of your attention at any given time.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Train & advise contract specialists on the legal team on the preparation, negotiation & execution of form-based agreements.
Twilios legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical & sound legal advice. Your unique skill set & experience are critical to help support our thriving & growing business & reinforce the trust & partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well-being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.