Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments & insights to supercharge engagement & learning in every subject. Students & teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sourcesfrom National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools & analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools & districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
Our Executive Leadership team is looking for their first Administrative Assistant who is excited to act as a true business partner & support executives across Sales, Marketing, Community, Product, Technology, Content & Human Resources. This role is ideal for a professional with a customer focus mindset & an impeccable ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail. You will be tactful & an important part of the rapid growth we are experiencing within the Edtech Industry. You are highly responsive, flexible, adaptable & committed to supporting our mission to unlock the written word for everyone.
- Effectively manage the Leadership Teams calendar, travel schedule, expenses
- Manage communications related to meetings, event planning, board meetings & interviews
- Support the design, development & delivery of content for Board of Directors
- Provide backup support to Executive Assistant as needed.
- Track use of corporate credit card & ensure timely & accurate reconciliations
- 3+ years experience supporting multiple Senior Executives at high growth start-up
- Highly competent with all Google Suite, Microsoft applications, Slack, & other productivity tools.
- Outstanding project & event management skills
- Excellent time-management skills & know how to prioritize tasks in order of importance