Shutterstock is looking for talented software engineers to build new backend services in our Commerce Platform. Customers are our top priority & we work hard to deliver value to them with everything we do. You will be working with motivated peers to create solutions that are high-quality, performant & scalable. On any given day this could include enabling new payment methods & currencies, simplifying our order creation process, improving performance in external API calls, & more. By joining our team, you will be involved in everything from development of the software itself, to defining the vision for new services, prioritizing new projects & proactively making improvements to existing deployments.
- Contributing to the design, implementation, testing, refactoring, deployment & optimization of services in the Commerce Platform
- Helping other team members improve through code reviews, pairing & mentoring
- Optimizing internal team processes by highlighting what is working & what is not, & taking action to change things for the better
- Collaborating with Product Managers & others to define the vision for Commerce Platform services
- Designing simple, well-tested systems that deliver value immediately, can grow over time, & provide insights into production performance
- Supporting existing production deployments by participating in on-call hours during the workday & occasional after-hours rotations
- Five or more years of relevant experience in back-end software development
- Experience in building RESTful APIs using server-side languages such as Node.js, Ruby, Go, Java or Scala
- Familiarity with at least one RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, etc)
- Able to clearly communicate to technical & non-technical audiences
- Passionate for what they do & the things they build
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests & other test automation
- Experience working in an agile environment with continuous integration and/or delivery
- Solid software development fundamentals (Data Structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO Design, & system architecture)
- Ability to craft simple & elegant solutions to complex problems
Other Useful Skills:
- Experience in Node.JS preferred
- Familiarity with Typescript or another strongly-typed language
- Experience building event-driven or message-driven architecture using open source tools like RabbitMQ & Kafka or commercial alternatives
- Experience with SOA architecture working on distributed/high trafficked systems
- Experience building & designing highly scalable services that power multiple consumers
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V