Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Meetup is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized, & detail-oriented Paralegal, ideally with 2 to 5 years of experience. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic legal team & be involved in a wide range of legal matters at an innovative & mission-driven tech company within The We Company family. The Paralegal will be responsible for assisting the Meetup legal team in all facets of work. The role will report into Meetups Corporate Counsel.
What youll get to do in this role:
- Provide support to the legal team by responding to internal & external inquiries, including, but not limited to, those relating to vendor vetting & contracting.
- Assist with review, drafting and/or negotiation of contracts & other legal documents.
- Create & manage a centralized intake process for, & a database of, legal queries & documents, including tracking of status & key dates.
- Lead or assist the legal teams efforts in the preparation, implementation, & refinement of forms, processes, & procedures relevant to areas of coverage.
- Assist with the development of internal resources & training materials for legal team.
- Perform other assignments, strategic projects, or duties as needed, such as liaising with The We Company legal team & assisting with administrative tasks.
What were looking for:
- Bachelors degree with high academic achievements.
- 2 to 5 years of paralegal experience preferred.
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive can do attitude.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines & demands & adjust to shifting priorities within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong work ethic & sense of professionalism, demonstrating accountability, integrity, good judgment, & respect for confidentiality.
- Strong desire to learn the business & expand areas of expertise.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
This is an exciting time to join Meetup. We are going through the process of re-evaluating our priorities & business model, & the legal team provides critical support to the company as it undergoes this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year & a half into being acquired by The We Company, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth.