Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. Our work on tech spans several areas: building innovative consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more. And we work alongside a talented set of technologists with Product, Engineering, & Design forming a tight, high-performing team.
As a Group Product Manager, youll play a key leadership role in defining product strategy for our growing +Oscar business. In this role, youll join our Platform product team, which is focused on building a unified, user-centric, & flexible platform to tackle complex problems that our customers, members, & healthcare providers face. Youll manage a group of product managers focused on empowering providers & health plans as they adapt to the rapidly evolving landscape of value based care & powering Oscars clinical decision making or a group focused on expanding the capabilities of our core insurance platform as we scale to new clients & markets, enabling efficient insurance operations, & delivering seamless access to member care. Youll partner closely with teams across the organization including clinicians, operations, strategy, legal & more to identify high-impact opportunities & execute the shared vision.
You will report to the Director of Product in the NYC office.
- An experienced product leader & people manager. You have 6+ years of product experience & have managed a small team of product managers for 1+ years.
- Excellent people manager. You actively coach (without micromanaging) & thoughtfully advocate for the needs of your team.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze & decompose a complex system into its member parts, & how to communicate that complexity simply & cleanly.
- Highly collaborative. You love being the bridge between tech teams & business teams. You see problems from both business & tech perspectives & adeptly drive alignment across multiple teams.
- A quick study. Healthcare is complicated; youre curious by nature & excited to get into the details & become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- Strategic & analytical. You can turn new, vague ideas into implementable projects & identify new opportunities that move the needle. You use qualitative & quantitative insights to clarify decisions wherever possible.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational & system details.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better. You zero in on the highest impact levers & hold your team accountable for doing the same.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, & nice. (No jerks allowed!)
- Helping to define the vision & strategy for a set of roadmaps focused on developing our proprietary clinical data platform or scaling & expanding our core insurance platform
- Defining KPIs & incorporating qualitative & quantitative insights into day-to-day decision-making as well as strategy evolution
- Collaborating with Engineering, Design, & Product leadership to make organizational & staffing decisions, motivate & empower your teams, & refine cross-functional processes
- Mentoring, coaching, & providing support to a team of APMs, PMs, & SPMs
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.