WHO WE ARE
The Growth team is responsible for scaling the organization through marketing & advertising. We are the engine that brings the company new customers in order to make ALL the dogs happy. Our team is close-knit - we like to have fun & joke around, & we're often found nerding out on consumer behavior. If you find the challenge of reaching new dog parents online (and elsewhere) fun, come join us! Also if you know a good dad joke or two, that's a plus.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
BARK is seeking an Assistant Marketing Manager of Paid Social, responsible for running of some of our most crucial customer acquisition channels. Responsibilities will include launching & optimizing paid social campaigns across all social platforms, most importantly Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, (and secondarily) Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, & others. You, along with a teammate (who both report into the Director of Paid Social), will manage all aspects of paid social campaigns, including media planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis, reporting, pixel placement, budget pacing, etc. We do NOT rely on agencies so this person must have a deep understanding of the platforms & how to efficiently grow an account, & have a finger on the pulse on what is working in paid social for other d to c brands, in light of the Apple Privacy / IOS changes this past year.
This is a role where youll be expected to jump in, roll up your sleeves, & get into the details of budgeting, managing campaigns, & maximizing ROI. You will often act as day-to-day subject matter expert to other departments (especially the creative department) providing strategic recommendations, analysis, & research to drive our subscriber growth north.
Naturally curious & self-motivated team members thrive at Bark. This list is not comprehensive, & we hope youll seek out even more ways to make an impact, but here are some initial expectations of this role:
- Plan, launch, QA, optimize, & report on paid social media campaigns
- Handle daily campaign management including monitoring pacing/delivery, tracking optimizations, & escalating issues
- Be an expert on social audience performance & testing, i.e. how to reach them & bring them into the acquisition funnel.
- Have a deep understanding of creative, what types of ads work, what types of tests to run. Able to provide clear feedback to the creative team to ensure we get differentiated ads that speaks to the brand ethos & illuminates the campaign themes.
- Have experience with landing pages, & how to make them convert better.
- Report on metrics daily, with clear guidance on what approach to take to hit goals.
- Plan a roadmap & implement test for different platforms, ad units, bid types, audiences, landing pages, to improve the efficiency of our efforts
- Contribute to constantly developing & sophisticating our approach to paid social
- Develop a strong partnership with our reps at Facebook & the other platforms.
- Identify actionable opportunities for growth, as informed by data analysis.
- 2-5 years of deep digital marketing experience in the direct to consumer space, with experience in paid social. . Subscription experience preferred.
- Understanding of paid social creative best practices, & having an eye for creative quality
- Bachelors degree required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have great communication skills & are able to clearly explain & document plans & results to your team & the wider organization
- Youre genuinely curious & passionate about marketing & staying current with new ways to reach customers
- Mastery of paid social platforms & self-serve UIs, including Facebook/Instagram, Tik Tok, Snapchat, Twitter, etc & understanding the nuances of each
- Familiarity with web analytics, Google Analytics & Amplitude preferred
- High level of analytical & data skills (aggregation, cleaning, sorting via Excel) VERY IMPORTANT
- Inherent interest in paid social, media, video, & emerging trends
- Attention to detail & ability to multi-task specifically as it pertains to highly effective social copywriting, swift response to feedback & work on multiple campaigns
- Consultative, communicative approach & enthusiasm for educating internal teams & clients
- You love dogs & the people who love them too!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.