The Instructional Designer II (ID) is responsible for applying instructional design models & approaches to design a variety of courses for Appian professionals. The ID works closely with the HR Business Partners & business leaders to understand the needs of the customer group & support content development and/or facilitation as needed to create meaningful, relevant, & interactive courses. The ID reports directly to the Director, Learning & Development.
Developing online training modules, partnering with subject matter experts to keep content relevant & updated, managing LMS, & continuing to help develop current training offerings. The ideal candidate will be comfortable creating eLearning modules, creating & editing multimedia elements for the online courses, & have a can-do attitude, specifically:
- Developing & maintaining eLearning content & modules.
- Creating storyboards/scripts & production-ready content for video or web-based training programs & advising on production.
- Partnering with internal teams to produce high quality eLearning content.
- Assisting with managing administrative capabilities in the LMS.
- 3-5 years+ instructional design and/or curriculum development in a corporate setting.
- BA/BS degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or related field.
- Strong background in instructional design & experience with different methodologies including ADDIE & SAM.
- Ability to design & develop instructor-led, eLearning, & blended solutions with a keen focus on creating meaningful & interactive learning experiences.
- Ability to use authoring tools, such as the Articulate360 suite of products, to create interactive e-learning courses.
- Excellent interpersonal & relationship-building skills.
- Proven track record designing & development learning solutions in a variety of both hard & soft skill topics.
- Ability to achieve deadlines & manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.