theSkimm is a membership-based organization dedicated to helping female millennials live their smartest lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information & tools they need to make empowered choices across news, civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of women across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven & creative thinkers who nurture & grow theSkimm brand & community, while driving membership & engagement across all platforms. The Performance Marketing Manager role will help to drive audience acquisition & retention through our organic & paid channels.
The Performance Marketing Manager will report to the Vice President, Growth Marketing. Were looking for an extraordinary performance marketer who has a proven track record of driving significant growth through execution of performance marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for helping drive strategy, building & managing campaigns across a variety of digital & offline channels & working with cross functional teams to acquire & retain Members. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, innovative, problem solver who gets things done & is excited about growth.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Campaign management & optimization: execute on growth marketing initiatives across all organic & paid channels, including but not limited to: FB ads, LinkedIn, email, SEM, SEO, Podcasts, Display & more;
- Perform a CAC/LTV analysis holistically & per channel to provide recommendations for CPA goals & budget allocation;
- Budget & forecasting: Develop monthly/yearly forecasts & data based media plans for individual campaigns/channels & holistically;
- Customer focused & data driven: Utilize data & insights to have a deep understanding of theSkimms top performing audience, customer lifecycle, acquisition funnel, & identify opportunities for growth - optimization & new channel exploration;
- Reporting: Own performance marketing reporting & provide actionable insights back to relevant stakeholders. Collaborate with the data analytics team to ensure tracking & channel attribution
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 4+ years of full-time experience in performance marketing roles with a proven track record of driving growth;
- Strong project management skills with experience executing marketing campaigns;
- Proficiency in Excel, Facebook Ads & Google Ads, Google analytics, Looker, & other industry standard optimization tools as well as tracking platforms;
- Exceptional organizational, budgetary & time management skills;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify trends & provide action oriented insights;
- Ability to collaborate & work cross-functionally, specifically with product & design teams;
- Passion for theSkimm's brand & products;
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- One Medical Membership
- Subsidized family planning & fertility benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals & drinks during our weekly "Sipn Skimm" all-hands meeting & monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.