Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Our Executive Operations (ExecOps) partners are critical members of our leadership team at Gusto. They are strategic thinkers with a strong bias for action, results & detail-oriented, & no one is more organized. They help us advance our business, keep the trains running on time, & are a sounding board for cross-functional leaders across the company.
The ExecOps partner will work closely with members of our EPD (Engineering, Product, Design, & Data) leadership team to help build the team. This person will be responsible for managing key cross-company strategic initiatives & projects, ensuring that the operations of the leaders & teams runs smoothly, & that the teams have strong practices for coordination, execution, communication, & alignment.
This role serves as the primary partner to 3 leaders across Security, Data, & Growth Engineering & supports the respective teams. You will be in a key leadership position, helping to drive Gusto forward & scale this team thats operating as a start up within Gusto.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Perform core admin work (calendar, travel, budget/expenses, community & culture through offsites/events/zoomsites, strong organizational skills).
- Ensure the EPD leaders are making the most of their time through planning, delegating, coordinating & managing the segment calendar.
- Help set up & program manage key strategic initiatives (examples: project planning process, organizational & operational changes)
- Coordinate the planning, tracking & management of team operations, ensuring the right people are kept informed & involved when action needs to be taken.
- Serve as business partner on internal communications & project management.
- Work with the EPD leaders through strategic planning processes, including 3 year strategic planning exercises, current fiscal year planning & reporting, leads meetings, & other strategic discussions.
- Be a leader on the ExecOps team on projects, resources & mentorship, helping others to develop their processes & grow their skills.
Heres what we're looking for:
- 5+ years as a chief of staff, executive assistant or senior coordinator/project manager..
- Strong Project management skills. Ability to manage multiple stakeholders & competing priorities across multiple organizations.
- Strong executive presence & communication, proven ability to influence & coach leaders, & exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker who can translate strategy into plans for execution.
- Ability to learn quickly & develop new skills that translate into your day-to-day.
- Forge strong Cross-Functional Partnership with leads, fellow Executive Operation peers, Chiefs of Staff/Heads of I&O, & company leaders (eg CEO, CMO, Head of Sales)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $108,000 to $137,000 for San Francisco & New York & $89,000 to $112,000 in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.