ABOUT THE ROLE:
At DIG the value Roll with the seasons & Follow the Food are not only lived out through our delicious seasonal menu items, but equally showcased in our comprehensive menu development process. We are searching for a Menu Strategy Coordinator who will lead & coordinate with cross functional teams in order to successfully roll out new menu launches across all restaurants & markets. They will manage the menu roll out process from start to finish, balancing competing priorities & projects at different stages in the menu development pipeline. The Menu Coordinator will be responsible for managing all R&D & menu launch timelines, tracking performance of menu categories & items to inform menu strategy, & holding stakeholders accountable every step of the way to ensure we stay on track & ahead of the curve with our culinary innovation initiatives. They will work closely with:
- Key leadership stakeholders on goal setting & menu ideation
- Marketing on storytelling & creative assets
- The Supply team on sourcing ingredients & nutrition
- Training & Operations on operationalizing the recipes for the field
- The Tech team on updating menu descriptions across all platforms
The Menu Strategy Coordinator is ultimately responsible for driving process forward & ensuring that each team involved accomplishes their tasks to ensure a seamless roll out process time & time again. The Menu Strategy Coordinator will report into the Senior Manager of Supply & sit on DIGs Supply Team.
- Collaborate with DIGs Culinary leadership & Food Product Manager to understand the food product & culinary innovation road map to build out menu roll out timelines & priorities.
- Actively communicate with the Culinary leads on R&D updates to share with key stakeholders.
- Develop & maintain project management schedules, project work plans, & other general project management resources.
- Update the Menu Launch Dashboard, keeping all teams [Culinary, Marketing, Supply, Training, Operations & Tech] apprised of specific action items & updates within the roll out process.
- Partner with the restaurant leaders on the piloting of new menu items to build out processes around capturing quantitative & qualitative data.
- Coordinate the flow of communication surrounding the menu roll out process. Proactively share information between teams & identify friction points in order to create improvements.
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders to develop & approve menu strategy for future months & participates in long term planning.
- Analyze customer data to better understand the success rates of current & new menu items by viewing order frequency reports & reorder rates.
- Report frequently on product mix reports to share with leadership to help determine how the menu continues to be shaped & to help determine the lifecycle of each menu offering.
- Support the Supply & Menu teams with regular analytics & reporting.
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- A strong sense of ownership & responsibility over your work.
- Strong organization & communication skill, both written & verbal. You are experienced in working cross functionally & keeping multiple teams in the loop & up to speed on project updates.
- A keen focus on detail orientation & accountability You are able to hold yourself & other team members accountable to meet the designated timelines & deadlines.
- Vision & organizational agility.
- A strong work ethic & focus for getting the job done well.
- The ability to problem solve in situations involving many moving parts.
- Creativity, an open mind.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-moving & constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Experience thriving when under pressure & multi-tasking with projects on conflicting deadlines.
- The ability to turn insights into operational actions- staying results-driven along the way.
- A can-do attitude & are mission driven you are interested in changing the way people think about & experience food.
- Strong analytical/business skills; including reporting & analytical expertise.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you dont mind rolling up your sleeves & getting scrappy.
WORK PERKS: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, were building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking & serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, weve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, & taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, weve built direct & real relationships with farmers. We dont just name check them on our menus -- were true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ & people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round & change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef & all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs & cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
Were not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food & great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, & we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply