All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
We are looking for talented software engineers to join our Commerce Platform team. The teams primary mission is to build value into the overall ecommerce platform with a focus on enhancing our storefront with new features through well designed & documented APIs. The team is also responsible for creating & maintaining various integrations with internal & external systems. As part of this team, we expect software engineers to ensure that all services are built to be performant, reliable, scalable & reusable.
We value any Software Engineer who can think critically & learn quickly. We often leverage open-source tools that may be written in any language, & a software engineer should feel comfortable diving into the source code to fix bugs or understand the software when theres a gap in documentation. Were a bunch of engineers who enjoy balancing time to market & robustness, & are comfortable making decisions that shape the way software will be built at Boxed for years to come.
- Be a critical part of not just the technology team but to the company as an excellent problem solver
- Design & implement solutions to provide value to our customers as quickly, reliably, & correctly as possible
- Improve the performance, reliability, & scalability of our existing systems
- Think critically & solve the problems around you
- Assist in refactoring the existing monolithic codebase into smaller microservices where it makes sense
- Write clear documentation & automated tests to ensure code reliability & ease of maintenance
- Review your peers code to teach & learn while improving software quality
- Collaborate with the Product team to execute against the Product Roadmap
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrable results & products from 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience writing production code in NodeJS
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude.
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal & oral communication skills it will be necessary for you to communicate your work to the rest of the engineering team through many mediums including documentation, presentations, & small workshops
- Strong Database skills (e.g. NoSQL, Postgres, Redshift)
- Ability to work alone or in small teams
- Experience teaching, mentoring, or captaining in any capacity
- Experience using & debugging DevOps/Networking/Infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes, Jenkins)
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have a less than standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways & show us why youre awesome!
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!
Check Boxed out here! For CA residents, see our CCPA Policy.