Chobani’s Director of Shopper Marketing will lead all shopper marketing efforts for Chobani both at the national level & the customer level. Ability to work cross-functionally will be important as this role requires building strong internal relationships with Sales, Category Management, Insights & Marketing, as well as external retailer relationships. It is imperative this person is well versed in shopper marketing strategy & execution as they will control the national shopper marketing budget & oversee the customer shopper budgets. The Director of Shopper Marketing will understand our shopper & consumer behavior to drive preference, & work with the full Demand team to design & implement best-in-class shopper programs to elevate the shelf & drive growth. This role will be part of the Sales Leadership Team.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for leading the team of direct reports (including remote) in the development & execution of insights-based shopper marketing plans in partnership with internal marketing resources & external Agency partners
- Build National & Customer best in class shopper marketing plans & initiatives that align with broader Chobani marketing strategies & goals of growing share & launching innovation
- Partner with Sales to build & execute robust, integrated Joint Business Plans with our retail partners
- Track, monitor, optimize & analyze shopper marketing executions; quickly disseminate results & prove return on investment to optimize future spend, understanding programs’ impact on financials
- Represent the shopper marketing point of view with executives in customer planning meetings & business reviews
- Own, manage & track significant National shopper & customer marketing budget, working closely with Sales & Finance leads
- Lead national couponing & redemption tracking for FSIs, digital offers, digital vendors etc.
- Lead, own & negotiate national contracts with vendors & agencies
- Lead creative process with internal stakeholders from brief to execution for national elements inclusive of retail point of sale materials, FSIs, shopper digital, couponing & more
The requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field
- 7+ years of CPG customer sales/marketing/agency experience required
- 4+ years of building, managing & leading high performing teams
- Experience engaging/partnering directly with customers to develop & launch joint shopper solutions
- Familiarity & experience with food retail & shopper marketing tactics & vendors
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously & execute under tight timelines
- Experience converting consumer, category, competitor, & channel/customer insights into marketing plans
- Ability to optimize executional tactics by striking balance between tried & true with emerging, innovative tactics
- Demonstrated understanding of account management, customer operations & category management principles
- Experience in managing creative process & providing feedback to internal & external partners
- Strong financial acumen & understanding of customer data/metrics
- Passion for building & maintaining relationships, both internally & externally
- Ability to work collaboratively & influence cross-functional teams
- Experience linking strategy to implementation
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to travel & manage direct reports both locally & remotely
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.